Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK been searching the interent all night and did a search on here and I need help with what line to tape into for the boost gauge. I have the wiring no problem, background is in wiring aircraft. I have read that it is the fuel pressure line but not sure which one that is. Can anyone past a couple of pictures of the line I need to use.

2005 4.6 with M90.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was one of the lines I was looking at but wasn't sure.

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
Yeah, it's tucked away so not many can see it.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking it would be a line from the blower not the manifold.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that is hooked up all I have left is oil pressure and figure out back up camera.

Should boost say mostly in the vacuum? Drove car today to muffler shop and idled about 15 vac and drove from 15-5 vac. I did get one it to see and it jumped up to 5 boost.

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
Unless you got your foot in it; it'll stay in vac. Mine normally idles at 20. Then again my M90 has the stock pulley.
Did you WOT when it read 5lbs?

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes wot but only for a sec or 2 to see if it went to boost. New to super chargers. Only experience is with the turbo on my diesel truck with an Edge digital gauges. Seems like it always has a little boost on it.

Thanks again for all your help. Going to tackle the oil pressure in the next couple weeks. Wanting to T to keep factory wiring also, so looking at Ting at the filter or running a line and Ting off there. I will post a picture of Pod and radio tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
That's not right if you really have the VMP 500 horse kit your boost should read more than that. At least 3 maybe 4lbs more. With a 2.49in pulley.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It might I will see if I can find out tomorrow LOL. I just bumped it to see if it went to boost.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok went to 8-9 not sure was also trying to keep it straight LOL. Here is the picture of the radio and gauges.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts