Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long would my stock long block stay together with about 7 psi spinning to it through a Paxton blower? If I drove it like I had some sense not banging on it, and it has around 75k on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
mustang90ace said:
How long would my stock long block stay together with about 7 psi spinning to it through a Paxton blower? If I drove it like I had some sense not banging on it, and it has around 75k on it. Thanks.
75 kms or 75 miles? If it's miles I wouldn't do it. It's not just the motor is your trans up to the job? Is it auto or a t5?

·
Registered
829 Posts
With 75k on it, it all comes down to how abused it is. There's just too many variables to say, but tuning is everything. 7 psi is a lot for the stock block, but tuned properly and not beating on it too much it would hopefully last until you can build a bottom end, but I'd have one ready.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

I've seen some guys that had a blower pushing the suggested hp limits for the stock internals and it last a couple years, then again I've seen guys on 4psi grenade their internals in a week. Most of its the tune and the abuse it's given.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Dion11197 said:
With 75k on it, it all comes down to how abused it is. There's just too many variables to say, but tuning is everything. 7 psi is a lot for the stock block, but tuned properly and not beating on it too much it would hopefully last until you can build a bottom end, but I'd have one ready.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

I've seen some guys that had a blower pushing the suggested hp limits for the stock internals and it last a couple years, then again I've seen guys on 4psi grenade their internals in a week. Most of its the tune and the abuse it's given.
It's the block that doesn't like anything pass 500fwhp but with 75,000 miles on it you could throw a rod or a crack bearing quick if ye drove it hard but iv seen guys running 125 shots with 255,000 kms an it last two years then she throw a rod through the block but it's kinda hit or miss at that many miles I would put a forged 306 rotating assembly before you start playing with boost. The 302s between 85 to 92 an a half had forged internals late 92 to 95 were not. So the forged ones take a bit more but not much

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've heard both stories add well. I baby the car as is, it rarely sees over 5k rpm's. As far as how it runs, it still feels and runs like a brand new car minus the fox body cracks and pops from the interior....lol. I know I'd have to have it tuned to a safe place. Just wanting a little more get up to it, and for the price its going to be hard to pass it up. Iw was just wondering if it could be safe tuned around 350-375.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I think you would be safe there. I had an 04 pushing 477 rwhp on the stock bottom end and they are supposed to be safe up to 450rwhp. It lasted for two years and I sold it. Last I saw it was still going strong. Jus keep your maintenance up and don't give it any extra reasons to fail. I think at that power you "should" be ok. But I would have a replacement ready of it is your daily driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts