Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got my order secured with beefcake for a vortech tuner kit and I really just wanted any advice that I could get from guys that have experience with the kit. I plan on installing myself with some help from friends. I've done supercharger installs on previous vehicles and helped some friends with turbo swaps and other misc. stuff so I have some experience around bolt-on stuff, not a total newb lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? That sucks...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would love to chime in but the only vortech systems I've installed we're on 99-04 stangs. Are the systems for the 5.0 self contained or do you still have to tap into the oil pan?

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
From what I've seen you will have to cut into the front fascia. Not a big deal if you have the tools and it looks the same when you put it back together.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kit I'm getting is self contained, as far as i know though, they have both types available.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

DDTCM said:
From what I've seen you will have to cut into the front fascia. Not a big deal if you have the tools and it looks the same when you put it back together.
Yea,i was hoping someone that had done this would maybe come in and post and possibly even have a picture of what they trimmed

·
Registered
268 Posts
Poloka did roush. I did Paxton and it wasn't too bad. Just time consuming bc of utilizing existing hoses and stuff. Shortening, moving, etc. cutting the fascia perfectly was annoying. Idk if the intercooler is as big as the one with the Paxton kit but either way you will have to trim. Be careful when bending the AC line, mine broke and we all got high pretty quick haha. Good luck! Oh and a lift is highly recommended!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did procharger and there was a butt ton of trimming to do. Not sure about vortech though, sorry.
I would think it would be similar with them both utilizing the a/a style i/c
but i'm sure if the dimensions are different then the trimming will for sure be different

Poloka did roush. I did Paxton and it wasn't too bad. Just time consuming bc of utilizing existing hoses and stuff. Shortening, moving, etc. cutting the fascia perfectly was annoying. Idk if the intercooler is as big as the one with the Paxton kit but either way you will have to trim. Be careful when bending the AC line, mine broke and we all got high pretty quick haha. Good luck! Oh and a lift is highly recommended!
Do you happen to have any install pics? thanks as well for the insight on the install
Ah yea you're right, someone with a candy red 5.0 went Paxton I thought? Either way looks like we have a couple guys chiming in now!

Thanks for keeping me honest folks!
Yeah! getting some info now :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
My bro-in-law and I installed the Paxton tuner kit on my 2012 GT(he did most of the work). We took our time and did it over a weekend. Just be patient with the install, follow the instructions and you will be fine. You do have to trim quite a bit for the intercooler, but once you put it back together, it's not noticeable. I suggest trimming and test fitting several times so that you don't trim too much. Modifying the radiator fan and hoses is what's most time consuming IMO. It's all worth it though as it looks very clean in the end. Sorry I don't have any pics of the trimming. Good luck and here are a few pics that I do have. I also suggest printing the latest instruction manual from their website and going through it beforehand. Good luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My bro-in-law and I installed the Paxton tuner kit on my 2012 GT(he did most of the work). We took our time and did it over a weekend. Just be patient with the install, follow the instructions and you will be fine. You do have to trim quite a bit for the intercooler, but once you put it back together, it's not noticeable. I suggest trimming and test fitting several times so that you don't trim too much. Modifying the radiator fan and hoses is what's most time consuming IMO. It's all worth it though as it looks very clean in the end. Sorry I don't have any pics of the trimming. Good luck and here are a few pics that I do have. I also suggest printing the latest instruction manual from their website and going through it beforehand. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the pictures and the info!! I plan on taking my time with it and trying my best to get everything right the first time. I have a secondary vehicle if I have to use it but I would much rather be able and drive the stang lol. What did you put down on the dyno? I plan on getting the intake upgrade because I no longer have my stock air box. How much clearance did you have with the bossIM and the TB by the supercharger? Reason I ask is becuase I plan on later down the road upgrading to the bigger TB if it will fit with the S/C.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks a lot for the pictures and the info!! I plan on taking my time with it and trying my best to get everything right the first time. I have a secondary vehicle if I have to use it but I would much rather be able and drive the stang lol. What did you put down on the dyno? I plan on getting the intake upgrade because I no longer have my stock air box. How much clearance did you have with the bossIM and the TB by the supercharger? Reason I ask is becuase I plan on later down the road upgrading to the bigger TB if it will fit with the S/C.
I'm sure you can get all done in a weekend (10-12 hours taking your time). There is clearance for a bigger TB, but I think it would be a waste IMO. Your car will make plenty of power with the CAI upgrade. If you want more, just swap the pulley. I put down 622rwhp and 466tq STD back in July in 95 degree Texas heat through the stock air box. The car definitely feels faster now in the cooler weather. I don't think you will have any problem hitting around 620-640rwhp or so. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, the TB upgrade was really just an upgrade I was toying with not really something I was too serious about lol but it's good to know there is room for it. Honestly I'll be happy with somewhere in the 550-580whp range. I'm just ready to get back into a boosted vehicle bc they're just awesome lol. I'll be taking as many pictures as I can before,during,and after the install and get some dyno videos as well.

·
5,980 Posts
@ KalEl370.......car looks awesome and those are some great #s!

@ milgt......make sure you do a build thread. That could come in handy for some of us later down the line. (if you have the time)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

@ milgt......make sure you do a build thread. That could come in handy for some of us later down the line. (if you have the time)
I don't mind doing that at all, I'll start one after I get all the pictures and dyno tune completed. Hopefully I'll have the kit sometime around the 20th of this month but not sure yet.

·
5,980 Posts
I don't mind doing that at all, I'll start one after I get all the pictures and dyno tune completed. Hopefully I'll have the kit sometime around the 20th of this month but not sure yet.

That would be great! Im considering doing this myself also.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts