Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know it been done before but I went ahead and painted a couple pieces of trim to break up my dark grey interior and it turned out pretty well. I only spent about 15 bucks on paint and sandpaper so that's where my broke situation came in and I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out

image-3955371347.jpg

Just take your time sanding and be sure to clean it before you start painting

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Dantheman94 said:
So I know it been done before but I went ahead and painted a couple pieces of trim to break up my dark grey interior and it turned out pretty well. I only spent about 15 bucks on paint and sandpaper so that's where my broke situation came in and I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out

Just take your time sanding and be sure to clean it before you start painting
I did the same thing. I used plastidip on mine it looks cleaner. I also plastidipped my emblems and they look pretty nice

Attachments

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yeah I just recently painted my side scoops.. I had a itch to do something and I'm broke too so I tried it out. Not sure if ima keep it now tho.. :\

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
V6 stang said:
Yeah I just recently painted my side scoops.. I had a itch to do something and I'm broke too so I tried it out. Not sure if ima keep it now tho.. :\
I saw the thread. :( well it really only your opinion that matters. If you like it then keep it :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah ive heard a lot of people use the plastidip stuff I just didn't know much about it and I like the way your emblems turned out. I sanded between coats on mine so it came out pretty clean and v6 Stang how do u get the side scoops off?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Dantheman94 said:
Yeah ive heard a lot of people use the plastidip stuff I just didn't know much about it and I like the way your emblems turned out. I sanded between coats on mine so it came out pretty clean and v6 Stang how do u get the side scoops off?
Yeah I saw a friend of mine use it and I liked it. It's about 6 bucks a can. Not bad, and if you don't like it you can just peel it off. No sanding or prepping required. Im going to do my rims today. On pretty much any stang it's just clips. Pry it off with a flathead and a towel

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'll get some pics up later today and I really like the way you did your 40th anniversary emblem.....I may end up copying your style haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts