Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason to bore my engine???????????? I only 16 so just looking for inexpensive stuff to do to my v6 03 auto. mustang faster. Any suggestions would be nice :D. I just really tired of getting made fun of at school. They always call me v6. So i want to make them shut up :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Supercharger, Then when it blows up, get the engine rebuilt while boring it .20 over. There is no need to tear apart the engine because it runs fine. (waist of money) Supercharge w/some gears will shut them up!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will you tell me some good web sites to look at superchargers. Then do you think i should get a cold air kit, a shift kit, and spark plug wires. Will these things help me i know they little.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you look around you can find a used blower for the v6 around $1200-$1500. Even if it is old you can send it back to vortech or wherever & have it rebuilt, for like $300 or so. Gears are about $200 plus $200 install. So about $1600 and you will take a second and a half off! At least! The blowers for the v8's are like twice as much & I guarantee none of those v8 boys have one. :disgust:

·
Registered
517 Posts
First I would get the gears. I took off half a second with my 3:73's.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
coolstang said:
thanks for the help. would a new intake manifold help any like from edlebrock
does edolbrock even make a intake for the six?prolly not, just go to the site sponsor vmp, i believe he sells superchargers

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Wow, first of all, you should bore your engine .030" over or .060" over. Those are the main numbers people bore out their engines and you can find parts for your engine without having to custom order any thing. Also, not matter what you do, you will still have a V6, but to get your six moving faster, it's going to cost alot of money to be able to keep up with GTs. But like previously said you're engine is running fine, so don't waste the money, it's expensive if you don't do your own work. First off you NEED to change you camshaft. That's a must. But if money is an issue then you will need to go with just the basics. First off, get an Underdrive pulley, and then get a Cold air induction kit. Then I would recommend getting dual exhaust so your car sounds meaner and then I would opt for the 3.73 gears with a t-lok. With gears you'll need to get a chip to correct your speedometer. Depending what gears you have it could be off as much as 10-15%. If you can hold off and to the install of the supercharger, so you don't need to reburn your chip again, I would wait and install the SC and pay for one chip. With those basic mods you'll have a slightly quicker and definatly a more aggresive sounding V6.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you see my stepdad says that dual exhaust sounds bad on the v6. So he is going to get 60 series delta flow :confused: you can hear what this muffler sounds like on flowmaster's website its on a Accura Integra "R"

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Well I had my video around here somewhere with my flowmaster 40 series and they sound awesome. I get questions all the time asking if my car is really a V6. At idle it sounds awesome and even up to about 3000 it sounds pretty good, but hiding the sound of a V6 from that of a V8 is hard. There is almost no amount of mods that will hide your exhaust tone unless you had a REALLY loud supercharger. But dual exhaust does sound very good on a V6 if done right.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
basically, go to the v6 section and read the beginners list in the stickies. that should answer your questions

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
if i were you i would go with warlock mufflers, u can get them on ebay new fairly cheap and they sound,imo, great.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Js281GT said:
Supercharger, Then when it blows up, get the engine rebuilt while boring it .20 over. There is no need to tear apart the engine because it runs fine. (waist of money) Supercharge w/some gears will shut them up!
Rob said it right, go .030" over or more.
The .020" over pistons that are used are just off-the-shelf
psitons from another engine, and the valve reliefs don't
match.

For about the same price you can get a true custom V6 piston.

We're going to get some for RDMotorsport!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts