Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted some feedback on the Borla Atak catbacks for my 2014 Mustang GT, Im running pype bomb axle backs right now and I like them a lot BUT my friend ran into someone with Atak Catbacks, and he said they sounded amazing and were louder than mine, so me being an exhaust enthusiast if that makes sense haha, now I want to swap my exhaust out for Atak catbacks. If anyone that has some Atak catbacks on their 13-14 GT could give me feedback on how loud they are, drone, tone, if it snaps and crackles on decel, etc. And if you could post a video that would be even better. I appreciate the help guys, Im trying to decide if its worth it to spend the 1400 bucks on it and buy a set but I need feedback first.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
No need for a catback. Just do axle back
ATAKS. There isn't a performance
Or
Sound change.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
575 Posts
This is how it sounds. Cat back, auto, Borla Atak. Mustang 5.0 Borla ATAK: http://youtu.be/o3UaS1wAwJ8

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
179 Posts
No need for a catback. Just do axle back
ATAKS. There isn't a performance
Or
Sound change.

?

Not true. How do you figure that you can remove resonators and not experience a change in sound?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The video is private haha can you make it public?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Then why not just buy axle backs
And remove the resonators? Unless
You have money to blow on useless
Things you shouldn't need a catback.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just gona go with axle backs and then get an offroad h pipe and headers, as far as axle backs v axle backs are the pype bombs louder than the Ataks or not by much?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Then why not just buy axle backs
And remove the resonators? Unless
You have money to blow on useless
Things you shouldn't need a catback.

3" vs 2.5" pipe. Doesn't make any difference for lower power cars in that regard. I for one wanted to keep my stock pipes in case I decided to put them back on after I went O/R X and longtubes to mitigate some of the noise.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Video fixed

·
Registered
575 Posts
Everything is personal preference. Listen to different exhaust on YouTube then decide what you want.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everything is personal preference. Listen to different exhaust on YouTube then decide what you want.

I think Im just gona get the axle backs and get a resonator delete instead of spending the 1400 for the catback

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's the cheaper way, yeah. It's gonna be LOUD like that. If you were thinking of eventually building a high power car you'd be best to get a catback, but if you're just doing basic boltons it probably doesn't matter. I'm more of a buy one, cry once type of guy, so I opted for the catback.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the cheaper way, yeah. It's gonna be LOUD like that. If you were thinking of eventually building a high power car you'd be best to get a catback, but if you're just doing basic boltons it probably doesn't matter. I'm more of a buy one, cry once type of guy, so I opted for the catback.

The only mods I'm going to do within the next few months is the exhaust resonator delete, intake, new wheels, shelby spoiler, shelby stripes and tints. Also maybe an offroad mid pipe and a tune and sometime down the road headers so you think im still good to just go axle back with resonator delete?

·
Registered
179 Posts
The only mods I'm going to do within the next few months is the exhaust resonator delete, intake, new wheels, shelby spoiler, shelby stripes and tints. Also maybe an offroad mid pipe and a tune and sometime down the road headers so you think im still good to just go axle back with resonator delete?

If it were me, I'd leave the resonators and I probably wouldn't get the atak either. It's gonna be so loud with no cats and longtubes. Maybe that's what you want. If it is, go for it. I'm actually trying to trade my magnaflow Competion for a magnaflow street series to get a quieter setup because I didn't realize how loud it would be, and I don't have headers and I still have cats.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If it were me, I'd leave the resonators and I probably wouldn't get the atak either. It's gonna be so loud with no cats and longtubes. Maybe that's what you want. If it is, go for it. I'm actually trying to trade my magnaflow Competion for a magnaflow street series to get a quieter setup because I didn't realize how loud it would be, and I don't have headers and I still have cats.

Oh I want it loud hahaha, I have Pype bombs right now and I love the volume but I like the tone on the Ataks better which is why I want to switch. I was looking at getting the magnaflow comp series quad tips as well actually but I think Ill go with the Ataks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh I want it loud hahaha, I have Pype bombs right now and I love the volume but I like the tone on the Ataks better which is why I want to switch. I was looking at getting the magnaflow comp series quad tips as well actually but I think Ill go with the Ataks

Ok. Mine is already loud enough that I'd be legitimately upset if I were my neighbors. Have fun being the bane of your neighborhood. I always figured if I wanted to be that loud, I'd have some nice tips welded on to the stock exhaust and then install electric cutouts just behind the headers. That way I could wait until I got out of my neighborhood to be super obnoxious.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I mean no complaints yet on just the pypes thank god and I've revved up to redline a few times just to see if anyone says anything to me... nothin yet but I make sure to roll in pretty quietly in 3rd gear going like 20 so the rpms are low

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got borla ataks on my '13 gt with an off-road xpipe sounds amazing and no drone

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 20 of 25 Posts