Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my borlas for about 3months now but don't drive every single day. I guess they've finally broke in cus the tone changed and the back pops are more subtle. Any atak owners have the same happen??

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I have no experience with the ATAK's or with the new Mustangs but my gut feeling tells me that a cold air intake along with an exhaust component that works as a collector/scavenging point would eliminate popping completely. I will follow your post though. BORLA is just magic, love it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no experience with the ATAK's or with the new Mustangs but my gut feeling tells me that a cold air intake along with an exhaust component that works as a collector/scavenging point would eliminate popping completely. I will follow your post though. BORLA is just magic, love it.
Lol yea it should rid of popping since it should run less rich. But i do love the way it back fires giving it that muscle sound . The ataks are magic i agree there . What exhaust u running ??

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
MAC ceramic longtube headers, Hi-flow cats, MAC stainless steel ProChamber mid-pipe, Flowmaster 10 Series mufflers, Flowmaster tailpipes, Borla 3.5" tips.
I love it. I want a set of Borla 2.5" Stingers and may purchase them 1 at a time to see what it sounds like with one of each muffler- 1 FM 10 Series & 1 Borla Stinger..... When I do, I'll post a video.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MAC ceramic longtube headers, Hi-flow cats, MAC stainless steel ProChamber mid-pipe, Flowmaster 10 Series mufflers, Flowmaster tailpipes, Borla 3.5" tips.
I love it. I want a set of Borla 2.5" Stingers and may purchase them 1 at a time to see what it sounds like with one of each muffler- 1 FM 10 Series & 1 Borla Stinger..... When I do, I'll post a video.
Nice setup .. And you will love the borlas once you install them. The stinger is very popular cus their very deep

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the ATAKS on my 2013 3.7 and wow are they loud! After about a month of having them, they are starting to get a little louder now!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the ATAKS on my 2013 3.7 and wow are they loud! After about a month of having them, they are starting to get a little louder now!
Lol yea they are. And they do get louder for a bit until they break in which is why i think mine got quieter .. I also have them on my 2013 3.7

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have ATAKs for my 2013 GT500 Shelby in transit right now and look forward to fitting them the following weekend! I can't wait to hear how they sound - a lot better than stock I am sure (which sound pretty darn good as it is!)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have ATAKs for my 2013 GT500 Shelby in transit right now and look forward to fitting them the following weekend! I can't wait to hear how they sound - a lot better than stock I am sure (which sound pretty darn good as it is!)
Its gonna be scary sick.. They are amazing . Let me know if you post a vid

·
Registered
129 Posts
Its gonna be scary sick.. They are amazing . Let me know if you post a vid
Will do. I just did a short vid of the stock ones for comparison purposes. Will post when I have the Borlas on!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here's a short video of the stock axle-backs - still sounds good!:p:

2013 Shelby GT500 stock exhaust - YouTube

·
Registered
129 Posts
SoScary: You wouldn't be willing to part with the factory GT500s after you get your Borlas would you? Id like to see about getting them if you are.
I was going to sell them until my wife said she'd want them! She is planning to buy her own Mustang in a few months - maybe a GT - and I know you can get a kit to change the rear valance to accommodate the 4 pipes. Seen quite a few done on this forum and on YouTube.

So, looks like I have another project lined up.....

I am so happy to be married to a Mustang fan that's already thinking of modding! Worth her weight in gold! :-D
But sorry they won't be for sale :-(

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
OHHH! The BORLA's are gonna sound so, so good! Great choice! Good for you. Please do record a few videos from different vantage points.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Borlas arrived today! Now I have to wait until Saturday to fit them. Patience.....patience.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts