Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 mustang gt, my question is. Is it really worth buying the borla catback exhaust system!!!!! I heard great thing about that exhaust. Wat u guys think???

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
secomejia said:
I have a 2004 mustang gt, my question is. Is it really worth buying the borla catback exhaust system!!!!! I heard great thing about that exhaust. Wat u guys think???
Everyone who has it loves it! Ppl who don't(like me) feel its a bit over priced.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think it's over priced. Same with the bassani. You can get the same level performance and similar sound from another brand at half the price. I have a flowmaster catback and the guy who owned it before hollowed out the muffs so it drones REALLY bad at multiple rpm.

·
Registered
638 Posts
You get what you pay for!!! Same as any performance part...no drone with borla...but go cheap and you get cheap. Not necessarily in every case but you know what I mean

·
Registered
711 Posts
Lol they drone cause they guy burned out the filters in the muffs. They are completely hollow that's why they drone so bad. You do get what you pay for in most cases but in a case such as exhaust where you have manufactures such as flowmaster, slp, magnaflow the performance is equal and price is to high.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

I'm a firm believe in spending the money on the better product. In everything I buy too but in this case the product is no better. Sure you have the name but that's not what make your car faster. Plus for the extra cash you can buy a set of headers to compliment your new cat back.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sound and quality with borla. I run steeda on mine but i have sold/installed borla on tons of different vehicles and the sound and quality is always top notch. Great customer service amd craftsmanship

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
onesickstang01 said:
Sound and quality with borla. I run steeda on mine but i have sold/installed borla on tons of different vehicles and the sound and quality is always top notch. Great customer service amd craftsmanship
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts