Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to upgrade the mufflers shortly. Wanted some opions. I Dont want it obnoxiously loud but not as quiet as stock, somewhere between the middle to loud area.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Search bar, there is a million threads on here asking the same question! Good luck and i hope you find what you like!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Going to upgrade the mufflers shortly. Wanted some opions. I Dont want it obnoxiously loud but not as quiet as stock, somewhere between the middle to loud area.
Most companies, have a variety models in their line up. Most people never ask them that specific question, so salesman do not bring it up. Many times they ask for model or they ask what sound are you looking for. Becasue people are not familar with the question, they answer it wrongly. I have Magnaflow on both my cars, but the model muffler is different and the sound is different on both. When you go into shop, ask saleman which models and what are the sounds on the ones he has.:good:

·
Registered
289 Posts
MrMike said:
Borla s-type great in between

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Magnaflow streets here.

I like a nice deeper rumble and not a loud annoying sound. I put on my Magnaflow streets and the sound is perfect. They are not loud around town but if you floor the car they do come alive and sound great. They are made of stainless steel and the fit was perfect without any tweeking at all. The tips are nice and large with rolled edges and Magnaflow written on the side. The quality is outstanding and well worth the cost.

I had to wait until my tips got a little dirty to take this picture. When they are extremely shiny and clean the camera would not do the picture.

It depends on how much noise you can stand which mufflers you want to go with. I personaly like the deeper sound of my streets.

There are a bunch of posts on Muffler selection. You can also check out Mustang V6 mufflers on you-tube.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have the Flowmasters. I love them. Everyone will have something to say good or bad about each system. I would go to a few cruise ins and see if you can find a few cars that have different setups and listen. Easier said than done I know. Youtube is your second option but sound will vary depending on mic used, weather, other mods, how the car is driven, outside noise etc.. and your computer speakers too.

I have a couple of clips of the Flowmasters and the Magnaflow Competition straight through design on youtube.

Here is my channel.

281CobraJet's channel - YouTube

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I like a nice deeper rumble and not a loud annoying sound. I put on my Magnaflow streets and the sound is perfect. They are not loud around town but if you floor the car they do come alive and sound great. They are made of stainless steel and the fit was perfect without any tweeking at all. The tips are nice and large with rolled edges and Magnaflow written on the side. The quality is outstanding and well worth the cost.

I had to wait until my tips got a little dirty to take this picture. When they are extremely shiny and clean the camera would not do the picture.

It depends on how much noise you can stand which mufflers you want to go with. I personaly like the deeper sound of my streets.

There are a bunch of posts on Muffler selection. You can also check out Mustang V6 mufflers on you-tube.

Ronnie
+1:good::good:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts