Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm going to catch hell for starting "another exhaust thread" but I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I am currently running GT 500 AB with lethal performance OA pipes. I have been researching other AB setups and like what I've read about the Borla S. I am having trouble finding anyone who has them without resonators and with the stock H pipe. I have read a lot about the Rousch sounding bad without resonators, wondering if the same is true for the Borla S.

Yes I understand sounds is subjective and I'm not interested in hearing about other axle backs just this setup in particular.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Brew

Sent from my XT1096 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had that exact set up before putting on jba x pipe. Sounded good but sounded much better with x pipe. I actually had some rasp with the stock h but none with the x.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I thought an x pipe was supposed to be more raspy than the H.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know. Usually it is. But for some reason once I put the x pipe on with that setup it sounded so much better. I did have a slight leak which I'm sure added to the rasp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
575 Posts
Here is my Borla ATAK with resonators removed w/cats. I know the S-types are a little quieter but here is a rough sound of what you want.

https://youtu.be/kOf870EwDOE

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those sound pretty bad ass. Are you happy with them. Is it pretty raspy without the resonators? Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Here's mine. Not that great of a vid, but that's what ya get with a phone. Also, there's a stutter in there due to a bad tune.

Borla S types, no cats, no resonators. JEGS h pipe.

https://youtu.be/_B5jgBbWMKY

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
575 Posts
I love the way it sounds and couldn't be happier. NO rasp at all, NO drone at all. at one point I thought one of my exhausts were rattling from the inside so I called Borla and they sent me out a new exhaust with ZERO out of my pocket. From sound to performance to customer service its awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is my Borla ATAK with resonators removed w/cats. I know the S-types are a little quieter but here is a rough sound of what you want.

Hey man can I ask you are you running the borla over axle that come with the catback or stock over axles with resonator delete pipes welded in. I was wondering if they would sound different or the same

·
Administrator
657 Posts
Welcome @Bholt13 and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

grabber12 left this place and hasn’t been seen since 2017, so I doubt you’ll get an answer from him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts