Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin to get new mufflers. What are your opinions on the two? I've found the stingers to be more popular on the 4.6 and the Atak on the 5.0

I haven't been able to find many videos of the 4.6 with the Atak sytem but based of the ones on the 5.0 the Atak is pretty nice.

Shoot me your thoughts. Thanks :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Atak for sure are more aggressive sounding and definitely louder! I myself love the way they sound. They are definitely louder.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sppankyy said:
Lookin to get new mufflers. What are your opinions on the two? I've found the stingers to be more popular on the 4.6 and the Atak on the 5.0

I haven't been able to find many videos of the 4.6 with the Atak sytem but based of the ones on the 5.0 the Atak is pretty nice.

They both sound great! It's kinda just personal preference and what you like better

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sppankyy said:

Absolutely love my Borla S-type!! Defiantly recommend it

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the stingers, at the time I bought them I don't think that the ATAK system was out yet. I haven't heard the ATAK on the 4.6 yet, but after putting a few thousand miles on the stingers, they sound amazing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
BCS06GT said:
I have the stingers, at the time I bought them I don't think that the ATAK system was out yet. I haven't heard the ATAK on the 4.6 yet, but after putting a few thousand miles on the stingers, they sound amazing.
So do you get any drone on these s type axlebacks? Looking to add some on my 08 GT but not sure of the drone issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
so you definitely recommend them? Will they be too loud for my 08 gt convertible?

Want something louder than stock and from the youtube clips they sound awesome.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Pavstang said:
so you definitely recommend them? Will they be too loud for my 08 gt convertible?

Want something louder than stock and from the youtube clips they sound awesome.
Yeah I love them

·
Registered
638 Posts
I as well have the long tubes with o/r X with the s type borla and they are worth it!! Only problem I've had is when I have people in the back seat and the windows up on a long trip they say the rumble of the exhaust makes them sleepy since they are the closest to it....granted its when the rpms are constant though...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have the borla axleback as well and i love them. At idle they sound just a little but louder than stock but when you punch everyone will know its not. It does drone a little bit but it doesn't bother me. After the holidays i will be putting LT and O/R H pipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts