Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have had experience with both, which ones do you like better? From video's I like the borla s better, which is what I have. But I'm really wanting to get the quad tip exhaust and valiance. I have never heard a gt500 axle back in person though. Coming from my borla s, will I be disappointed in the gt500 axle back sound in person?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Magnaflow has a quad tip axle back too. Sounds like carp though. But you could probably just order the tips from them and have then put on your borlas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Gt500(which I have) sounds awesome but is also a lot quieter from what I've heard from my friends 5.0 that has borla. Once you get the other pieces of your exhaust the gt500 is amazing:)

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Borla if you are gonna just stay with the axelback. GT500 if you are going to add anything else exhaust wise. Im running Roush right now but getting ready to go full exhaust with the addition of a off road mid pipe so I'm 99.9% sure I will be switching to the GT500s.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
DDTCM said:
Borla if you are gonna just stay with the axelback. GT500 if you are going to add anything else exhaust wise. Im running Roush right now but getting ready to go full exhaust with the addition of a off road mid pipe so I'm 99.9% sure I will be switching to the GT500s.
I heard a roush with LT and o/r x pipe and holly s******* it was LOUD as hell even under 3k rpm..

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
McQueen said:
I heard a roush with LT and o/r x pipe and holly s******* it was LOUD as hell even under 3k rpm..
Uhm, tell me about it. I have roush axle backs and jba x pipe and cat deletes. It gets loud at 1000rpm. If I reallllllly baby it I can keep it quiet and accelerate but at how slow I have to go I might as well bought a Prius. I am debating what to do as I love the added power in removing the cats but the drone on the highway is insane.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dont get rid of the Roushes. Just put high flo cats with your new setup. Ill let you guys hear minez this weekend once my cats come in.

BBK Headers, Pypes High Flo cats, JBA H-Pipe, Roush Axlebacks

Headers and cats being installed this weekend. Right now its just insanely loud.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
2013_stang_gt said:
Dont get rid of the Roushes. Just put high flo cats with your new setup. Ill let you guys hear minez this weekend once my cats come in.

BBK Headers, Pypes High Flo cats, JBA H-Pipe, Roush Axlebacks

Headers and cats being installed this weekend. Right now its just insanely loud.
My understanding was having even the high flow cats you still won't make the same power as having no cats. On this car anyway. Plus high flow cats are expensive and I have zero reason to have them.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Cats rob these cars. If you wanna keep that HP gain from not having cats switch to a GT500 (which sound awesome) or some Magnaflows.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
DDTCM said:
Cats rob these cars. If you wanna keep that HP gain from not having cats switch to a GT500 (which sound awesome) or some Magnaflows.
Do they not have the heavy drone the roush do at low rpm?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
nosympathy said:
Do they not have the heavy drone the roush do at low rpm?
I've never heard of the Roush axlebacks having drone. I had them on my car, and have no less than three friends with roush axlebacks on their cars, some with cats, some with offroad pipes.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
I've never heard of the Roush axlebacks having drone. I had them on my car, and have no less than three friends with roush axlebacks on their cars, some with cats, some with offroad pipes.
3.73 gears once I hit about 65 on the highway if I am touching the gas they drone. Never had them drone before removing the cats. I still need to, since they have been on for a few days, retighten everything and make sure it is snug. Maybe I have a leak.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts