Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might seem like a stupid question, but surprisingly very little info is on the interwebz. I'm thinking about swapping in the Boss IM on my 2011 5.0, (I already know a potential small loss of torque may happen and I'm okay with that). Does anyone definitively know if the Boss IM will pass smog, I'm in California and have to meet the smog nazis every other year. I know it's standard equip on the Boss, but California is, for lack of a better term... Retarded. I looked on AM and FRPP website but didn't get any closer to an answer. If you do have an answer, please provide a link.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
All it does is a better job of allowing air into the engine. It doesn't affect the exhaust system at all which is what they check for emissions. I know Cali is more goofy than most but if it is standard equipment on any car sold in the US it will be fine.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All it does is a better job of allowing air into the engine. It doesn't affect the exhaust system at all which is what they check for emissions. I know Cali is more goofy than most but if it is standard equipment on any car sold in the US it will be fine.
Unfortunately, in Cali they check the entire air intake and exhaust system... Including the CAI which I've been flagged for on previous cars. I've even failed for an extremely small crack in an exhaust manifold on my Civic. I'm just trying to find a straight answer before I drop the cash.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Unfortunately, in Cali they check the entire air intake and exhaust system... Including the CAI which I've been flagged for on previous cars. I've even failed for an extremely small crack in an exhaust manifold on my Civic. I'm just trying to find a straight answer before I drop the cash.
Generally in Cali you can pretty safely swap anything after the Cat and be safe, before the Cat requires the CARB code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts