Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I currently have the option between buying a 2013 Boss 302 (31k$- 33k miles) and a 2012 Shelby 500 Gt (33k$- 60k miles)
Are there any reasons speaking for buying the boss? Since the Shelby has much more power and is just 2k more?
Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Boss then supercharge it. You'll blow the shelby away.The only gt500 I would buy would be a 2013-2014.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

And the boss has half the mileage!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
TT the Boss

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The 5.0 motor is far superior to the 5.4. Its lighter, will make more power, the car in factory form will handle better... its really no contest.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Personally I'd rather have this one...just a couple of $$$$ more and half the miles plus it's got the Laguna Seca package..

Cars for Sale: Used 2012 Ford Mustang in Boss 302 Coupe, Bend OR: 97701 Details - Coupe - Autotrader

For me it's all about miles driven...reason I bought my old 14 TrakPak with 2700 miles...60k miles is or could be a lot of abuse and you buy what you get...the Boss 302 with half that would be my first choice although I'd look for something with lower miles...like the one I posted...IMHO

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, lf l was to make a choice hands down the boss! Low milage is boosting the value right of the bat. The big issue early coyote motors,big plus. Many goodies high performance parts, pistons, rods, cams more lift, coolers every where. This motor is built for the track! Great driver! I know the GT 500 is a nice ride, l had a similar chose to make when l bought my car. I was looking for a GT 500. I settled for a Roush stage 2, way low miles, add the Roush 2.3 blower all set. Still ahead in the game. Now l have better ride more power adds to resale also! It's your chose, what ever you like, will you be happy with it. Good luck Ed
F

·
Registered
52 Posts
Niki, you may want to check your insurance rates on the Boss and the Shelby GT500 before buying. I found that the 2013 GT500 I was looking at was going to cost nearly twice what the Boss would be, and I'm 63 and accident/claim free. The Boss is also significantly lighter than the GT500. The fact that your Boss is an LS swings the needle way in that direction! I have a 2013 Boss and it is hands down the the most exciting car I have owned, and that's saying alot. It shares my garage with a C6 Corvette. Drive them both if you can- you'll buy the Boss.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Boss for me...its engine intake design is for upper RPM range, and its suspension for tracking is the style of weekend driving I liked to do at the tracks. The Shelby is more for street straight line "go fast" driving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can't go wrong with either, although the Boss with hold its value better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts