Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 1969 - 1970 Boss 429. Can anyone guide me in the right direction. Thank you, David

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. I saw those two listings earlier but that is more than what I want to spend

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I saw those two listings earlier but that is more than what I want to spend
A Boss 429 is a nice dream car....but between $200,000 and $280,000 is what they have been selling for. The lower the miles, the higher the price,
What did you expect to be able to buy one for?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had around $200K in mine. I found one but someone added a rear spoiler and window louvers. Not sure if they had to drill into the car for the louvers. I know they did for the spoiler.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not really interested in the Boss 302. But they are very nice

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
I don't know if that will be enough to buy one nowadays. They've been appreciating a pretty good amount lately. Or maybe find one that needs some work.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Yes.I saw a project car a while back that seemed to be reasonably priced, but you really never know what the exact cost is until the car is completed, and you have the mountain of receipts to add up!
I think that you should be able to find a decent car for your budget. Having cash as a negotiating tool can work wonders. Just because someone is asking a certain price doesn't necessarily mean that they won't take closer to what you want to pay.
You might get lucky, and pick one up at an auction for a good price.

As far as holes drilled into the body hurting the value? Unless the car is an original paint survivor in very good condition, I don't think that the value is hurt any more than the cost of the paint and bodywork that will be required to fill the holes after the items have been removed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look on craigslist under Oklahoma City, cars for sale, there is a White 69 Boss 9 on there for sale right now, can ya belive it is in Mustang Oklahoma, if ya get it ya need to take me for a ride that only seems fair, I live 90 mins from Mustang and have an 05, names listed are Gary Owens and Justin Owens, good luck

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am not so sure the GT's are much faster if any. Boss9 had over 500 hp and under 600. They were rated at 375 for insurance reasons. And that is all from the factory back in the day.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for your lead. I checked and the price is higher than what I wanted to pay. Thank you again,David

1 - 19 of 19 Posts