Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and just recently purchased a 2013 Boss. I was interested in any info from people who have modified their Boss and what works the best. I plan on replacing the stock shifter with either a Barton or MGW but have no idea where to go from there.

My Boss will not see much, if any, track time but I would like to try and get as close to 500 RWHP as I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I appreciate the reply Rapinator. So you would start with cams and what "tune" would you recommend if any?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Either a custom dyno tune by a reputable shop. Maybe you are close to rev auto?

Or email tune wise, especially with the cams I would go with shaun at AED.

Stage 3 comps. With limiters on the exhaust cam, full exhaust no cats ( kooks or American racing )
47lb injectors, boost a pump and e85. Spinning to 8k will get you close to your 500.
Port the boss manifold, and you will see 500.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
23 Posts
What I know

I just bought a 2013 BOSS and was lied to about the mods. I know they are there, just only know what I can see. I was told heads and cams, no proof of cams and I haven't investigated heads yet. I do have the JLT Carbon hydro cold air, long tube headers, kooks high flow cats, qtp for the side dumps, magnafolw out the back, and a sct tuner with a 93 street cam tune, 93 JLT emission tune, and a 93 street tune. All custom tunes. No canned tunes. Really ticks me off, but it will smoke the tires at 120 in 4th. Sounds like an old muscle car. I am wondering what the difference is between the factory h pipe and an x pipe would be? Also it cams hard at idle after it warms up. It doesn't cam at all until it is warmed up. It starts camming like I flipped a switch. If I had time I'd take the motor apart and see what's in there...

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
I just bought a 2013 BOSS and was lied to about the mods. I know they are there, just only know what I can see. I was told heads and cams, no proof of cams and I haven't investigated heads yet. I do have the JLT Carbon hydro cold air, long tube headers, kooks high flow cats, qtp for the side dumps, magnafolw out the back, and a sct tuner with a 93 street cam tune, 93 JLT emission tune, and a 93 street tune. All custom tunes. No canned tunes. Really ticks me off, but it will smoke the tires at 120 in 4th. Sounds like an old muscle car. I am wondering what the difference is between the factory h pipe and an x pipe would be? Also it cams hard at idle after it warms up. It doesn't cam at all until it is warmed up. It starts camming like I flipped a switch. If I had time I'd take the motor apart and see what's in there...

Does it have a trackey? Does it tell you on the dash when the trackey is activated?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has trackey but makes no difference. I have 2 new sets of tires I run. Pirelli po and kook Ventus ... The good one... How do I confirm what cams are in it? I got a lead from a call I just missed from a previous owner. Maybe I'll not seem such the idiot in a few hours! Thanks everyone! ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1445806761.922827.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1445806942.439037.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1445806987.945311.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Has trackey but makes no difference. I have 2 new sets of tires I run. Pirelli po and kook Ventus ... The good one... How do I confirm what cams are in it? I got a lead from a call I just missed from a previous owner. Maybe I'll not seem such the idiot in a few hours! Thanks everyone! View attachment 192790 View attachment 192791 View attachment 192792

Once they tuned it you kind of lose the track key function. That's what was explained to me by one of the local tuners that is probably why it feels no different with the two keys. I do know with track key the Lopey idle will not enable until the car warms up so maybe you still have it and don't realize the difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It cams during warm up, just not super noticeable. It is without a doubt much faster than a track key. I've had toys with huge cams well over 1000hp that ran on methanol. But that's a different game. Soon as I get my proof of what was done I'll post it and then the build begins!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
It cams during warm up, just not super noticeable. It is without a doubt much faster than a track key. I've had toys with huge cams well over 1000hp that ran on methanol. But that's a different game. Soon as I get my proof of what was done I'll post it and then the build begins!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
He just means it has a lope to it

Wtf is s lope? Lol U know not everyone in this forum is a mechanic or has been tinkering with cars all their life. I can drive a car like it's supposed to but there's a lot of things i don't know. I signed up here to learn but man there's a lot more than I ever thought .

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Wtf is s lope? Lol U know not everyone in this forum is a mechanic or has been tinkering with cars all their life. I can drive a car like it's supposed to but there's a lot of things i don't know. I signed up here to learn but man there's a lot more than I ever thought .

http://youtu.be/EaG7G2VHMrg

?and ? fed coyote.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts