Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
RhoudezGt said:
I want to add the boss intake manifold to my 2013 GT. Specs say it will add 58 RWHP and 40 lbs of torque. Is that added to the stock 420 HP.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

http://www.americanmuscle.com/boss-intake-manifold-2011gt.html
Yes ... Kinda. It's rwhp which != crank HP.

Also, those numbers are a bit misleading. The intake manifold requires a tune, which is good for 25-35 rwhp on its own. Those numbers are also curve gains, not peak gains. Maximum power output will be marginally better, but what the boss intake mani does do is give you a much more smooth and wider powerband. The gains are seen on the track with high rpm launches on drag radials or bias ply tires, and shift points over 7500 RPM.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I want to add the boss intake manifold to my 2013 GT. Specs say it will add 58 RWHP and 40 lbs of torque. Is that added to the stock 420 HP.

Ford Racing BOSS 302 Intake Manifold (11-13 GT) M-9424-M50BR - Free Shipping!
Yes ... Kinda. It's rwhp which != crank HP.

Also, those numbers are a bit misleading. The intake manifold requires a tune, which is good for 25-35 rwhp on its own. Those numbers are also curve gains, not peak gains. Maximum power output will be marginally better, but what the boss intake mani does do is give you a much more smooth and wider powerband. The gains are seen on the track with high rpm launches on drag radials or bias ply tires, and shift points over 7500 RPM.
RhoudezGT,

Yes your car stock has 420 Crank horsepower. You loose between 10-12% in drive train loss to the wheels. That being said your car will Dyno around the 375-390 area bone stock to the wheels!

The boss manifold will give you 58RWHP through out the curve like Napoleon said. Curve gains are more important IMO since you get to feel them all the way through the power band. Where peak gains are the most power it made at a certain point. The boss manifold really shines up top, so if you're revving your Stang out to 7,500 on the street or track you will LOVE the gains!

Here's a dyno video of us installing and making a few pulls with the new Boss Manifold installed!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts