Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who has up graded their GT with boss mods ever bought the key also? That way they could have the most aggressive tune from Ford.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
the boss key tune has not (at least up to this point) been altered by aftermarket tuners. also, I've heard of a few people reporting that there is issues with detonation when running the track key, not sure if it is low quality fuel or the wrong grade, but it truly is meant only for track use from what I hear, not very friendly on the street

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wondered because at the last meet, one of the guys with his 2012 boss drives it all time with that key. He stated it was like night and day difference. He loved driving it in that mode. A lot of us use 93octane or better around here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best part of that is, the guy is 72. He looks and acts like he is in 50's. When I spoke with my dealership yesterday, they stated they would do the install. Wether I purchased the parts through Ford Racing or American Muscle. Just bring all receipts.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
ah, then he must love driving his car, its not unstreetable on that key, just not as friendly, maybe that only applies to people that do not know how to handle all that power?
Yeah from what I have heard of how it drives it isn't even comfortable. It is a very strong but rough tune.

I would say it is uncomfortable like the can tunes. You can drive em, but it just doesn't drive quite right for city streets.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
FlGtPrem013 said:
The best part of that is, the guy is 72. He looks and acts like he is in 50's. When I spoke with my dealership yesterday, they stated they would do the install. Wether I purchased the parts through Ford Racing or American Muscle. Just bring all receipts.
Your dealership said they would install the boss track key on your GT? And what parts are you referring to?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They would install boss intake, boss exhaust, and boss install kit. They would get the tune. I already have the Track package. I don't plan on calling my car a boss. It's going to be a modded GT, with a bit more power that's all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's worst part I could do it , but my wife and I live in a condo where no work is allowed on your cars. Besides I have an 5yr - 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I kind of want to leave it in place a little longer, I have only 5600 miles on her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts