Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a track pack 5.0 13 and i want to do long tube headers with o/r h pipe and side exhaust.
Is the stock boss with the plates removed too loud? Could it get louder and still be comfortable since it is right there on the door?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have my restrictor plates removed and it's not too loud for me. Long tube headers w/o cats is a future mod. More for the HP gain then the sound

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my restrictor plates removed and it's not too loud for me. Long tube headers w/o cats is a future mod. More for the HP gain then the sound
Would you think that the side pipes will get significantly LOUDER? I also want it for hp. Will you be going with an x or h pipe?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Louder yes, but don't expect to be blown away by it. There a bunch of YouTube videos of the boss without the restrictor plates.
I'm keeping the h pipe. Long tube headers kooks cat less exhaust gains about 45 HP. That's on my list. Damn list keeps on growing ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a track pack 5.0 13 and i want to do long tube headers with o/r h pipe and side exhaust.
Is the stock boss with the plates removed too loud? Could it get louder and still be comfortable since it is right there on the door?
If you want a perfect sound just buy the exact boss 302 exhaust that's what I'm going to do. I love how quiet my car is on the highway it's silent but want it a bit louder when I open it up.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want a perfect sound just buy the exact boss 302 exhaust that's what I'm going to do. I love how quiet my car is on the highway it's silent but want it a bit louder when I open it up.
I want a 3 inch mid pipe and the boss is 2.75. I have a local muffler shop that will do it very cheap making me custom side pipes.

Is there any benefit in HP with the side exhaust?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I want a 3 inch mid pipe and the boss is 2.75. I have a local muffler shop that will do it very cheap making me custom side pipes.

Is there any benefit in HP with the side exhaust?

None. The Boss side exhaust emit sound, very little exhaust. They act more or less as an exhaust tune element.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey I was also looking into this before also! I really love how quiet my 5.0 is on the high way and during normal driving. But I feal that when I open it up its just not eanouf..... Idk how much louder the side exhaust will be but for sure itle sound great. But I still want the comfort of it being quiet

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey I was also looking into this before also! I really love how quiet my 5.0 is on the high way and during normal driving. But I feal that when I open it up its just not eanouf..... Idk how much louder the side exhaust will be but for sure itle sound great. But I still want the comfort of it being quiet
If u want it quite then stock exhaust is the best, if you want your 13 to get loud but still comfortable cruising i personally have borla quad s-7type exhaust and will be installing longtube headers with off road x pipe soon, i personally love loud but controllable exhaust note.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I do appreciate it. I just dont wanna spend the 700 bucks for the 05-09 kit when I already have x-pipes and can put what I need together and make it work.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
oh, and how do the side pipes sound with lt headers?
That I don't know. I love the sound of mine stock minus the plates. It would definitely be louder. My 3.7 was loud! And it droned while cruising and was kinda overbearing. The stock exhaust on the boss sounds good going thru the gears but when cruising it's almost not there. I love it and most likely will never change it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The boss side pipes minus the plates on my 2014 gives the car a deeper almost 60's like muscle car sound. Sounds really nice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The side pipes are mainly for sound. Not too loud with the plates removed. From what I understand, the removal might provide about 2 hp, but no idea if this helps with the torque. As a corner-carver I think it might be pulling a little harder coming out of the corners, but between the open side pipes and adrenalin I could be wrong.

As for pipe diameter the 2 3/4" is probably the best all-round. A larger diameter will move the hp and torque peaks further up in the rpm (think WOT).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts