Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 96 GT for $3,000. It has a motor from a 98 mark VIII, auto transmission, 3.73 rear, 10" wide American Classic rims, rear wheel spacers, long tube headers, off-road x-pipe, lowering springs, I think that's it. Love the car this is my 2nd mustang. Used to own a fox body. This car does have some issues though.

1st the car idles at 1,500rpm. I'm guessing a vacuum leak but the seller said it needs a tune

2nd the computer is a GT computer with a 24lb 90" maf GT tune, I think it'd much better if it had cobra tune

3rd the auto trans will switch overdrive off randomly, I'm lost on this one lol

4th it leaks trans fluid slowly from the front of the trans

Other than that it runs and drives and has a/c. I also do not know if it has IMRC's or not. I don't know if it has the cobra intake cams. I don't know how to "get a tune" lol it came with an SCT tuner though. Any info would be nice thanks
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1483067116.376886.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1483067141.365394.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1483067217.783237.jpg

XBOXONE: Daer He Go

·
Registered
20 Posts
You without a doubt need to get a tune. I personally don't know how well that computer links to the mark VIII engine, but it can't be perfect. You can go to a dyno shop and get one, but it'll run you $500ish. That'll (possibly) fix your idle issue and it could possibly also fix the over drive problem

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I'll be getting a tune soon and ill post an update (here i guess). If i go to the dyno I'll post the numbers and a pic. Got my fingers crossed for 300hp, more than likely it'll be 250hp max lol.

Also planned: Corbeau LG1 Seats, Aluminum Driveshaft, and down the road a manual swap (hopefully a t56!)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Completely off topic but what rims are those on your truck (Ranger?) I inherited a set that looks similar and I can't find out anything about them at all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry been busy with school and work, the truck is a 1990 Mazda b2200 and the rims I dunno, I'd get a better pic for ya but the truck is in storage... they're 6 lug and I bought them for $100 bucks from a friend in high school lol or was it $50 I dunno 2009 was a long time ago

XBOXONE: Daer He Go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts