·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Sweet, i want a handgun so bad, all I got is high power rifles and shotguns

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, my roomie has a ar-15, colt. I cant wait to get to shoot it. Cant wait to go shoot my makarov, i get to pick it up tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Dude I have to Russian Makarovs you need to get some Pearce Grips for it . They really make the gun fit better in the hand. Other than that it is a great shooting gun. I both about 25 of them back in 93 when you could pick them up for $85 a piece. In one of the gun magazines at the time wrote if the gun was manufactured in the US it would be a $400 gun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are these all Russian made Makarovs? I've been to alot of Gun Shows here in Texas and you just can't find a Russian Makarov. All of the ones I've seen are Polish, Czech or some other make. They're all makarovs and even marked w/ Russian, but when it was the Soviet Union they had alot of weapons manufactured in other countries. A friend of mine recently bought a really nice Tokarev, but it was Polish make. Just curious, because I'm into Russian weapons and they're really hard to find. Just like all of the SKS's and AK's that are all Romanian, or Chinese or Czech. And all the "converted" AK's that are made to look like a SVD Dragonov, but don't have the barrell length or use the longer cased 7.62 ammo.

But yeah, Makarovs are cool. My dad had one for awhile..think he sold it. And I fired several Makarovs while in Bosnia. Congrats!

P.S. on edit, I may be thinking more of the Tokarevs in terms of hard to find Russian ones....at least more so than the Makarovs

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Russian Makarovs have been banned for a couple of years so have chinese. Currently the Bulgarian models are being imported. The Germans and Hungarians sold used ones from their arsenals. Russians models go for over 200 now on the market if you can find one

Mine were all Russian made in Baikal

·
Registered
29 Posts
Banned? What do you mean? Of course I'm not talking about new ones, but figured the old ones were hard to find...didn't realize they were banned. Are all Russian weapons banned? I still see some turning up...AKs, Tokarevs, Makarovs, the old WWII carbines(forgot the name) and the revolvers....

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Import of all Russian made AK-47, 74, SKS, Makarov variants are banned. all that are around are ones brought in before the ban. But other countries are not banned.
China is also banned but Hungry, Chech, Romanian, Bulgarian I am not sure about . I bought a Bulgarian Makarov last year ( excellent workmanship). I think Romanian and Bulgarian are still available

1 - 13 of 13 Posts