Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will work for my 96 correct? lol

How hard is one of these to install. I think Brandon(SpectorV) has installed one on his previous Mustang so maybe he can help me with it. What are all the steps? I really want to do this myself as I have a Dig Camera now and want to maeka write up on it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
you have to pull the tranny pan, drop the valve body, change some springs, and hte accumulator (sp?), drill some holes in the seperator plate, etc...etc, the instructions will explain it better;)

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
01mineralgrey6 said:
you have to pull the tranny pan, drop the valve body, change some springs, and hte accumulator (sp?), drill some holes in the seperator plate, etc...etc, the instructions will explain it better;)
lol didnt know there were step by step instructions :woot:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Brent, be careful, be clean, make sure you clean all drill cuttings off there good before you put it back together, follow instructions closely, change the filter in your transmission while you have the valve body out and replace all the fluid you can drain.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
take it to a shop, the install wont be more than like 75 bucks

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Labor only ran me $90, then my friend went to the same guy with an Xtreme, and he charged him $200 :wtf2:, But i agree, get a quote from a reputable shop first.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
dude, its worth the perfect install... dont mess around when it comes to things that you dont have experience with. Installing a valve body shift kit for the first time is probably not the smartest thing... just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
not to put any pressure on you, but if you screw up your tranny will go poop on your garage floor like so.......

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Dude I am not suggesting you are not mechanically inclined or anything but unless you have a lift to be able to work with little trouble, doing tranny work on your back under the car sucks big time. I have been doing all levels of car work for 20+ years and I would not do a Valvebody change on my back with little or no room to work. Maybe you know someone with a car lift!!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts