·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Welcome....nice stang :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice , car looks clean, any mods planned?
I haven't really thought about it yet I do want to add ford Racing 4.10 gears and a cold air intake, I already have flow masters installed..any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I haven't really thought about it yet I do want to add ford Racing 4.10 gears and a cold air intake, I already have flow masters installed..any suggestions ?
Yup, don't waste money on a CAI. The stock intake is a CAI and a quite good one at that.

If the exhaust is not yet opened up to 2-1/2" from the manifolds back then do that first. Then get a tuner/tune as the stock tune sucks (the ignition timing is uninspiring and it runs rich at WOT), plus you can use the tuner to correct the speedometer for the 4.10s.

Next upgrade the upper plenum to any aftermarket unit; the stock plenum is the weak point in the intake and should have been part of the PI mods. Here are Accufab's bench test data for various upper plenums and TB bores, you can see that any aftermarket plenum with the stock 65 mm TB will meet or outflow the stock plenum with any size TB.

If you also change out the TB 70 mm is all you need, and arguably better when running n/a, however they cost pretty the same and the difference will never be noticed on a DD, so get whatever size floats your boat. No retuning is needed for the new TB and plenum, it just improves airflow at higher loads and WOT. The MAF will continue to accurately measure air flow into the engine and the tune will continue to adjust things accordingly...

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have a set of ford racing 4.10s still in the box, haven't been taken out. Might be selling my car soon so if your interested send me a pm

·
Registered
490 Posts
You should definitely do a cold air intake. 5.0 mustang magazine did a bolt on battle issue and the cai by itself added 7 or 8 hp

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
You should definitely do a cold air intake. 5.0 mustang magazine did a bolt on battle issue and the cai by itself added 7 or 8 hp

On the 99-04? Find that a bit hard to believe but it could be true, like cliffy said, the stock intake acts like a cai and works just as well as any type of cai on this car..

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I have seen that article before; that magazine is full of crap, generally and in this particular case--look at the brands they tested, then who their major advertisers are and do the math.

There is no way that a CAI alone will add anything measurable in 3 or 4 back-to-back runs--some even cost power. I'll pay for the dyno time if someone wants to meet me in Sanford FL and supply the aftermarket CAIs...

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if i had the controls on a dyno i could make it say my v6 makes 400 hp...just saying. Our stock air boxes are amazing with just a drop in filter and no silencer...he'll get the same gains as an aftermarket CAI

great looking car OP...welcome to the site. btw love the auto man....add a stall and you're gonna flip at how well it runs

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have seen that article before; that magazine is full of crap, generally and in this particular case--look at the brands they tested, then who their major advertisers are and do the math.

There is no way that a CAI alone will add anything measurable in 3 or 4 back-to-back runs--some even cost power. I'll pay for the dyno time if someone wants to meet me in Sanford FL and supply the aftermarket CAIs...
I live in longwood.. I have a bbk we can use

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry but there is gonna be a little diffrabxe between

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

A difference between a stock and aftermarket cai just Bc the aftermarket is smother flowing then the stock. Might not be 7-8 hp but there is a difference

1 - 20 of 34 Posts