Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12 years ago I sold my very first truck. A 1978 Ford F100 Custom. I learned to drive a stick in it and was my daily driver for my sophomore year of high school. Dad bought the truck way back in 1985 and it's my oldest memory of any vehicle.

Sold it to a buddy who stabbed a 460 big block and a C6 in it. Then he traded the truck for a couple big block Chevy motors. The next guy did the body work and was going to redo the box but it was too far gone. Ended up getting scrapped.

Couple days ago I was on Facebook market place and saw it for sale. I was like God that looks like my old truck. Contact the seller and went and looked at it. It was in fact the same truck. Bought it sight on scene.

Now I'll finish restoring it and I'll have my baby forever!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can see that! Lol

So do you know any of the history of what has been done to that 460?
It looks to have blower pulleys installed. Did it have a blower at some point?
Motor was pulled out of a late 70s Ford full-size car. Was given new bearing, Ford racing intake, 850 holley double pumper, headman headers. Not sure what cams in it.

C6 is also out of the same vehicle. I have to figure out the shifting linkage. It doesn't want to go into reverse.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered new valve covers for the 460. Always loved the look of tall fabricated aluminum valve covers on a big block.

These should look great on my motor.

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
Oshi! Looks awesome and BBF ftw!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might of found a used box for her. Guy came into my work who has a 77 short bed parts truck that still has a box on it. He's going to send me photos this weekend.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Box is pretty rough. But I might still buy for parts. Tailgate is good. Has side molding that I could sell, and the factory tie downs Ford offered back in the day. May go look at it Sunday.

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
Those look great! :thumb:

I would imagine that it might be kind of difficult to find a clean bed. The short box is so much rarer than the long.
There is one out there though. I'm positive of that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts