Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up all, guess what i jsut bought. a clean ass 97 eclipse spyder GST, 5spd. woo its one badass ride. i know zimstangs gonna be jealous.

its color is like the dark mineral grey on mustangs. it has the 5 spoke stock rims, its convertable, all leather interior, 57,000 miles. i found this ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2450699075&category=6352#ebayphotohosting
and the dealership is 1 and a half hours away, so i called the guy, and told hithere must be something wrong with it, he goes no come check it out. so i did. its perfect.the only thing wrong is the stock ground kit has scraping on it, and a little paint has chipped off. but its nothing a blitz body kit wouldnt fix. the convertable top doesnt leak, it was raining when we drove it. i put 1000 down, and payments are 220, and i also got a 5 year, 40,000 mile warranty for it. when i get home tomorrow ill make a new cardomain page and post some pics.

184 Posts
nice car cept its a vert which kinda sucks. Upgrade that turbo a few times and u could maybe keep up with my srt 4:)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
good find man...what do those things run?

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i saw the car on ebay, and saw that it was 2 hours away. so i drove there and bought it. it had nothing to do with the ebay auction. but i won the auction too cause the guy wants it to end fair, so he lowered the reserve and ended it with me winning. that way theres no legal battle or crap. im usually not a fan of convertibles, but a gst 5spd with 57,000 miles for only 7500? im not gonna pass that up cause its a drop top. its still just as fast than a hardtop, and ill be having more fun come the summertime. lol then im gonna laugh at srt's as i smear them all over the road. ok maybe not stock but after intake and full exhaust, watch out musselsfrombrussels, youve got some competition. i still need to learn shifting better :oops:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Laser02 said:
Autobadges said:
GS...should have gotten GS-T 8)
it is a GS-T.
uh...

Mitsubishi : Eclipse
97 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE GS SPYDER WHOLESALE CA

·
Registered
678 Posts
EDIT:

FOUND IT!!

CARFAX REPORT:

VIN: 4A3AX55F4VE088407
Year/Make/Model: 1997 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE SPYDER GST
Body Style: Convertible
Engine Type: 2.0L L4 TURBO IC FI
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 11 records found in our database

11 records...hmmmm?

AUCTION DETAIL:
Year: 1997
Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Eclipse
Mileage: 57187 miles
Engine: 4 - Cyl., 2.4L
Transmission: M
Exterior: Gray
Interior: Gray
Doors: 2

why did he list a 2.4L ?????????? gotta get his facts straight. Did you see what the 11 records were of???? he does only have 3 feedback

184 Posts
gsts run what high to mid 15's stock? not too bad i suppose but u got some work to do with my high 13 sec monster. Ill be doing full exhaust as well. And gonna get a wastegate adjuster and the TurboX RFL (real fuckin loud) BOV in 4 weeks. full exhaust prb wont be till next year around this time since turbo back is gonna cost me around 600 bucks but well worth the 20 HP it will put down i should c 13 flat all day long. I like the GST tho good buy.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow you all made the same mistake i did. the title says a gs but i saw the pics and was like well ill call and see if its really a gst. and it is. also, just look at the engine, the regular gs engine block sits to the left of the bay, and the intake comes down to the right. the turbo the intake is on the left, and the engine is on the right. however they said the engine is also a 2.4, which it is not, its a 2.0, says so right on the valve cover. the 4g63 engine sucka. but i am gonna get a whole power package from modacar.com, theyre 1 hour away from me so ill go there prolly tuesday and see what they got. tomorrow im going to my bank to see about getting a better loan than the ones their bmw bank gave me(the car was at a bmw dealership) their bank would only give a 13.9 interest rate cause the car is a 97, but my bank will give me a 5% if its direct withdrawl on any approved loan. prolly less if i get my dad to cosign.

184 Posts
dont hate just cuz a GST would walk your wannabe cobra

1 - 20 of 26 Posts