Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently bought some used wheels+tires from a colleague. They are the 2011 v6 pony package wheels will pirelli p235/50zr18s on them. They have approx 30k or so miles and i got a great deal for 300 bucks. However, ive been noticing that the wheels are extremely loud and when going 65+, the ride isnt smooth. Alot of the tread is gone and im looking into new tires, but the loudness of the tires is overbearing. Ive heard pirellis are loud but not too sure anyone know whats up?
i attached a pic of the wheels on my car for those of u interested lol

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Tread type, tire compound, uneven tire wear!.. All these things can contribute to how loud they are!..

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Check for uneven tire wear!.. That would be my first guess as for how smooth your ride is!..

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ate the tires mounted properly, is the tread facing the correct way... I seem people put the tires on the wrong side and their load as hell...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yeah this sounds like a tire tread issue, a balancing issue, or you got a directional on the wrong way issue.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Don't know how to help about them being loud... But my truck has flat spots on the front wheels from when i locked up the brakes on the freeway before (No ABS), Feels like i'm running over tons of little bumps in the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts