Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what brand of oil you guys perfer to roll with on your sixers and how many miles and why you picked to go with that specific brand? Im deciding Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30 and ive got about 35k miles.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Mobil 1 5w20, every 5k. It's the weight specified by the manual, for warranty purposes. Im keeping the receipts as well. The time frame is one I went with in my Stratus. Its about how long the oil would run before turning dark and breaking down. Im not comfortable with the 10k mile intervals. Better to err on the side of caution.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just wondering what brand of oil you guys perfer to roll with on your sixers and how many miles and why you picked to go with that specific brand? Im deciding Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30 and ive got about 35k miles.
Motorcraft 5w20. Every 7000k. It's what ford racing uses. If its good enough for them, it's good enough for me. It also what the engine was designed to use. I'm not a gear head but the warranty will cover more if you use this oil.

·
Registered
569 Posts
5-20w Royal Purple. Royal Purple is used by most in the racing industry. They make just about everything when it comes to engine liquids. I'm touchy about my oil. Every 3000 miles. Just to be on the safe side. I do it all myself, so it isn't too expensive.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The warranty covers the same, its an issue of it covering it or not at all. As long as you use something that meets their specs or better, you're fine. I prefer to use something better.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
formulaDstang said:
I to was looking into royal purple. Do you really feel any extra hp from it lol?
For a normal vehicle its not worth the extra costs to me

·
Registered
569 Posts
I wouldn't say that there is hp gain, but it definitely runs a lot smoother. Fuel economy is better too. My pony is anything but normal. I want that thing to run as long as possible. And have better trade in value. I don't mind spending the extra cash to provide the best for my baby.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Motorcraft. It actually has seals inside the filter that seal around the oil shaft the filter spins around. A unique design I haven't seen anywhere else. Ford calls for it and at 5k mile intervals I'm not worried about filtration being bad.

Any filter is better than none, but you do get considerably better filters when you spend more than $6. Id invest in one of those if you're going for longer oil change intervals.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Motorcraft 5w20. Every 7000k. It's what ford racing uses. If its good enough for them, it's good enough for me. It also what the engine was designed to use. I'm not a gear head but the warranty will cover more if you use this oil.
Just a thought but how often is a Racing Motor rebuilt ?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Royal Purple every 4K miles with K&N oil filter cuz I don't wanna have to order the royal purple one and it's just as good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just did my oil change used Mobil 1 synthetic and a Mobil 1 oil filter and I must say shes running really smoothly!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Royal purple with a wix or motorcraft filter. Royal purple exceeds manufacturers requirements as does Moble 1. I would run either but choose purple because I can get a decent deal on 10qt. Wix filters were recommended to me by a friends father who happens to be a mechanic of 30 plus years with near as many on the drag strip. Oil is really a personal preference thing, just don't skimp out and buy the cheap stuff.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts