Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size are they? Stock Pony Package rims.
I want to order these carbon fiber brake calipers but want to make sure they fit, size is front 10.5 " x 3" (26.5 x 7.5 cm) and Rear 9.5" x 2.5" (23.5 x 6 cm)

:uhh:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'd say if you can paint them then paint them!.. It's a little more time consuming but it does look better and is usually cheaper too!.. Just my opinion!..

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're actually the same price if not cheaper than the painted ones, if I don't do these ill just paint them black, but they would match my antenna.

·
Registered
224 Posts
get the covers, they are so much better, you dont ever have to worry about painting them over and over. just my opinion.

·
Registered
390 Posts
painting them is VERY easy, and a lot cheaper, spend the money you save on something better

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Come on Jet, get those creative juices flowing! I wonder how hard it would be to grind the face of your calipers smooth and using an engraver to do something like your radiator cover! Now that's something original! That's something Jet! What do ya think?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
painting them would be great but I want carbon fiber not a solid color :)

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

primer2tone said:
Come on Jet, get those creative juices flowing! I wonder how hard it would be to grind the face of your calipers smooth and using an engraver to do something like your radiator cover! Now that's something original! That's something Jet! What do ya think?
I do have a dremel drill....
You know what I'm down ill research how I could smooth those down and how deep I can drill, sketch it up this week maybe just write "JetWolf" on the front calipers and 4.0 on the back then emboss it in red or chrome. Huh? Yeah?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
JetWolf said:
painting them would be great but I want carbon fiber not a solid color :)

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I do have a dremel drill....
You know what I'm down ill research how I could smooth those down and how deep I can drill, sketch it up this week maybe just write "JetWolf" on the front calipers and 4.0 on the back then emboss it in red or chrome. Huh? Yeah?
That sounds pretty cool!.. If you do it post some pics up when your done!..

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eturner said:
That sounds pretty cool!.. If you do it post some pics up when your done!..
Ahh lets see if it works out and if I actually have time for it, Otherwise carbon fiber it is! :)

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
JetWolf said:
Ahh lets see if it works out and if I actually have time for it, Otherwise carbon fiber it is! :)
You can do it! That's really gonna be something to set you apart from everyone else! :D

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
primer2tone said:
You can do it! That's really gonna be something to set you apart from everyone else! :D
Imma do it :D but its going to take me freaking forever lol. Guess ill do it when I repaint my rims hopefully ill have a completely free weekend coming up! Thanks prime :D

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
of course :)
Looking at the next couple weeks... Hopefully something will open up!

·
Registered
274 Posts
image-3242874750.png

Painted mine. Took a couple of hours with prep work and 4 coats

1 - 20 of 51 Posts