Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my front brakes were making a grinding sound when I pressed on the pedal it did this two or three times before going away. I had to press all the way to the floor before they would catch, and even then there was hardly any stopping pressure. The car has 12k miles on it the brake pads look fine, and there is no wear on the rotors, it has the regular brakes not brembos.also the roads were dry. Anyone got any ideas???

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Last night my front brakes were making a grinding sound when I pressed on the pedal it did this two or three times before going away. I had to press all the way to the floor before they would catch, and even then there was hardly any stopping pressure. The car has 12k miles on it the brake pads look fine, and there is no wear on the rotors, it has the regular brakes not brembos.also the roads were dry. Anyone got any ideas???
I had a really spongy brake experience (I had to drive through a red light off an off ramp) & switched to DOT4. Might want to at least see if they need bleeding.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt think to check for oil. I gotta have my lcas replaced again. Already had them replaced 6 months ago right after I got it. You guys think that would have anything to do with it? A ford tech told me the bushings are going out on the lcas, but he said that it wouldnt cause any mechanical issue's.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't rule out the ABS as a possible source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts