Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Got my 70 fastback so close to being done but I'm having brake issues with building pedal pressure.

Here's what I've got:
4 wheel discs
Power booster
4 wheel disc master cylinder
All new lines
New wilwood proportioning valve
No leaks anywhere
Bench bled master

Got all of the air out of the back lines and no more air is coming out of the passenger side front. However no matter how long I bleed it I keep getting air out of the driver side front. Can't get the pedal to build pressure. Bled for hours this weekend but to no avail. I never let the fluid level in the master get below half so I dont think its getting air that way. The master is new but I've heard stories of people getting multiple bad masters before getting a good one. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doesn't sound like master as individual lines don't usually hook directly to master. Look at the line from the block to the caliper looking for cracked or kinked line or maybe cross threaded connection.
Also if you have four wheel discs do you need pro portioning valve?

·
Registered
72 Posts
You've got an air leak someplace if you can't get it bled properly. If you can cap off your break lines and do a pressure test, you could eliminate your problems one by one as you connect various components to the system. Application might prove tricky but I think you've already got it narrowed down to front driver side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts