Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so in about 2 weeks i will be going to a track day at homestead speed way and my stock brake pads are really worn out and not really up to a whole day of racing. Is it the same to change the brake pads on the brembos as it is on any other car?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is it the rear brakes that are worn down or the front? My brembos are fine but I've had to replace my rear pads and rotors at around 27000 km

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 5000 killing miles of hard driving. My rear seem fine but my front are worn out.

I also want to change the brake fluid to high temp, does anyone have any recommendations and how many bottles do i need.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've got almost 20k miles on my brembos and they still have plenty left, how in the world did you manage to wear them out in 5k even driving driving extremely hard? If you don't mind me asking

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have my wheels off now because I'm painting my calipers. Seems as though, at least from the outside that its the same. Just a few bolts to take off and the calipers separate. I haven't had to change mine yet or open them up but I would assume they are the same.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have my wheels off now because I'm painting my calipers. Seems as though, at least from the outside that its the same. Just a few bolts to take off and the calipers separate. I haven't had to change mine yet or open them up but I would assume they are the same.
Thank you alot!!! I will be doing this mod next week and i will post how it when.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got almost 20k miles on my brembos and they still have plenty left, how in the world did you manage to wear them out in 5k even driving driving extremely hard? If you don't mind me asking
Haha yea i been having wayyy to much fun with my car and i been learning how to drift, heel toe and yesterday did 2 laps around homestead speedway road course and that seal the deal for my brakes.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Yep, last I looked you don't even have to remove the cali to change the front pads on the bbp.

·
Registered
389 Posts
How exactly did you manage to use your rears up before the fronts?
Have no idea. Can't figure that out I've driven my car hard every mile and somehow the rears were fused metal on metal and I have no idea what's left on the front they didn't fill that out or tell me

·
Registered
389 Posts
Could be because the brake ratio is 60 to the front and 40 to the back and stock brakes aren't that great for what it does so the brembos can last longer because they are made for my type of driving

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just bought hawk hp plus (track pads). I will be posting a quick write up and how it when at the track with them. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts