Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the best brakes for the money were if I wanted to go to a strip. Ceramics are really expensive. Are they worth it? And also, Is it necessary to change the back too? I know the car uses the front alot more. First time changing them since I got the car. 6K miles on these brakes.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Ill tell you what i tell my customers...there are things to be cheap on...but when it comes to the price of something that stops you when traveling in a 4k lb metal box is it really worth saving $20-30? +1 for hawk pads

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
If just doing the Drag Strip

All you need is some stock replacement pads.

If you are Auto X-ing of course you will need much better pads.

The stock FoMoCo pads are really good all around brake pads for normal street driving. They work well wet or dry hot or cold.

If you do go for Hawk, Red line, or any pads be sure to find out if they will be good on a car you drive on the highway weather it is a nice dry day or a nice very wet deep puddle day. Some high performance pads just don't want to stop you once they get wet.
Ronnie

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Consider Raybestos pads as well. I've used them on my truck; always performed great with low dust, no fad, and long wear.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hawk pads are really good. Also stainless steel brake lines really help out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts