Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
im am going to bid on those

jk

if these rotors are bigger than your stock ones u may have to get like bigger calipers i think

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
NO they are not bigger V6 and GT's share the same rotors and calipers. The only difference is on the GT they put on better pads for some unknown reason.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so do you think its a good buy Corey?

Its basically a take off stock rotor put that one on deal right?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yep I am doing it in a couple of weeks. Do you need rear rotors. You could save by buying just fronts. The rear brakes are so little used and are not vented anyway so drilled wont help them much, plus they take forever to wear out.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i can get my cobra rotors for 200 bucks that seems a little high but not horrible BRENT if you really want to do it right pay 300 bucks for a set of cobra calipers with rotors crossed drilled and sloted they wont be powdercoated but they will still look very good.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
$200 for Cobra Calipers is not bad. But actually a nice set of 99+ V6 or GT dual piston PBR's can be had under $100 and will give you a good brake improvement .They are lighter and a goood bang for the buck mod. That is what I am currently doing!!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not to hijack, but do any of you know where to get vented rear rotors? The cross drilled and slotted really don't do much, they just look cool basically. The extra cooling surface area cancls out with the reduced braking surface.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
ive seen vented and sloted rear... but as mentioned above vented or sloted are pointless and you should not use them when autoxing cuz they will crack under the head load.

I just seen a guy i think on this forum or 3.8 in suspention that got a set of cobra calipers and rotors for 300 bucks which is a good deal i think. if you did upgrade to PBRs they work just about as good as the cobra brakes its just the extra rotor size that helps out. they fit directly on your car with no issues (96 up that is pre 96 have to grind a bit) you can get them dirt cheap also.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I know they make slotted and drilled but the fact is the space between the rear caliper is smaller than the front and moves in a slight twisting motion producing only 20% of the stopping power at the most. I was searching and I have not found any rear vented Mustang rotors

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well, thanks for looking anyway, I was never able to find any. And yeah, I don't think much of the rear brakes on mustangs. And the are a ***** to replace pads on because of that "twisting motion." I don't like that much at all.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
$200 for Cobra Calipers is not bad. But actually a nice set of 99+ V6 or GT dual piston PBR's can be had under $100 and will give you a good brake improvement .They are lighter and a goood bang for the buck mod. That is what I am currently doing!!!!
This mod is definate a very good mod. It takes about 8lbs off the front end. I did this mod about 2 years ago atleast and it was WAY worth it. Smoother and quicker stops. And corey if you need any help just let me know. You know you have to modify your spindles a little right?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Well it saves about 8lbs because the stock single piston brakes on 94-98s are steel casted. The 99+ dual piston brakes are aluminum casted.

And all 94-98 spindles need to modified slightly. The dual piston calipers are too wide. I had to do it on my 97. It's very simple, you just need a good grinder.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts