Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,045 Posts
I know like every car gets it but how do you get rid of the rust behind the wheel on the brake?!
When you say behind the wheel ... do you mean the rotor, the caliper, or both? Either way, I don't know that the stuff linked above is what you're looking for. That's to put on the wheel itself and protect it from brake dust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
When you say behind the wheel ... do you mean the rotor, the caliper, or both? Either way, I don't know that the stuff linked above is what you're looking for. That's to put on the wheel itself and protect it from brake dust.
I think he's talking about the rust on the hub of the rotor. Not on the braking surface but the part that touches the inside of the wheel hub.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,045 Posts
coachhoach said:
I think he's talking about the rust on the hub of the rotor. Not on the braking surface but the part that touches the inside of the wheel hub.
Could be ... If that's the case your only option is to paint it before it rusts, but that would be a huge pita with having to tape off the rotor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I just had the edge of the rotor, caliber and wheel hub painted flat back for $60 and they did a perfect job and it looks way better then looking at them rusting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
I know like every car gets it but how do you get rid of the rust behind the wheel on the brake?!
Can you take a pic so we know what you're talking about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Paint it with foam brushes and Q-tips. Spray paint in a container, then brush on with foam brush. No need to tape. That's how I did mine and calipers. Just remember to sand and clean.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned with the rust when you've got all that curb rash on your rims. That looks much worse than the rust.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
Mikeyt03 said:
Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned with the rust when you've got all that curb rash on your rims. That looks much worse than the rust.
Just saw your post about new rims. Just paint them before you put the rims on. Paint the entire rotor and the brakes will get rid I the overspray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Lol only $60 and they did an amazing job. They did the caliper, the wheel hub, & the edge of the rotor. It was a great price and all worth it. It matches perfectly with my rims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Is rotor rust still a problem on late models? My '07 rotors rusted like cold rolled steel and slung that brown crap all over the inside of my chrome Bullitts and inner sidewalls. If they are still bad to rust, is there a stainless alternative, and if so, are they pricey?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,783 Posts
Missouri Hoss said:
Is rotor rust still a problem on late models? My '07 rotors rusted like cold rolled steel and slung that brown crap all over the inside of my chrome Bullitts and inner sidewalls. If they are still bad to rust, is there a stainless alternative, and if so, are they pricey?
Nothing compared to my 05, the rotors would rust over night on it from the dew in the air. I've never seen rust on my 12 even after driving it in the rain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
It's a Ford guys. All Ford vehicles have rust in a lot of places. They circled the problem. Lol I live in a great environment as far as rust is concerned.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top