Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so both my rear calipers on my car are squeaking now. only when i brake it goes away so i know it has something to do with the pads. ive taken both calipers off multiple times and lubed up the caliper slide pins but the caliper always seems to stop sliding and sticking to the rotor. ive replaced the pads twice now so im starting to think it could be the rotors causing the pads to wear uneven and jam the caliper from sliding. any input would be helpful because i cant stand a squeaking car.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
did you have the rotors machined when the new pads were installed? and i know you said you lubed the slide pins but did you also lube where the pads sit in the hardware?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you have the rotors machined when the new pads were installed? and i know you said you lubed the slide pins but did you also lube where the pads sit in the hardware?
No I didn't. No one around me machines drilled and slotted rotors. And no I didn't, just the pins. Should I try taking everything apart and lubing everything and get new rotors?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took both wheels off and the calipers are sliding fine. However I noticed on the rotors that there's probably a quarter inch where the pad isn't making contact. Last time I tried fixing this problem both calipers were stuck and I didn't replace the pads so I'm thinking it might be the pads..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts