Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stand it anymore. I have replaced my pads to ceramic, put new rotors and hardware on and they still squeak! Anyone help?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long is that?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill give it one more week since I changed them before thanksgiving. But it squeaks when they get warm and when I give medium braking power. When I brake hard it goes away but when they get warm they start to squeak

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
did you lube all the slides and any part of the pad making contact with the caliper? if not that'll make them squeal like a pig.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you lube all the slides and any part of the pad making contact with the caliper? if not that'll make them squeal like a pig.
Yeah I did but ill do it again. It can't hurt

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
what brand brake pads btw? when i did my last brake swap i used some cheap ceramics and well they squealed so i ordered some Hawk pads online and they are doing great

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what brand brake pads btw? when i did my last brake swap i used some cheap ceramics and well they squealed so i ordered some Hawk pads online and they are doing great
They're dura last ceramic pads on oreillys brand rotors.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
when you put the rotors on did you completely spray them down with brake parts cleaner and wipe the shipping oil off?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes sir. I have done everything except replace the rotor. I'm thinking get new hardware and re oil the slides

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
worse case scenario go to autozone and tell them they squeal like crazy and you want to swap...see if another pair does better

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure if I should return the oreillys rotors or autozone pads?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts