Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my car today and noticed a burning smell coming from the front, when I took a look it smell like it was coming from the brakes, I took the caliper off which was hard to get off, I then noticed a couple crinks in the brake hose, and rubber around the pistons were burned, I'm thinking it wasn't letting the brakes release causing it to drag, does that sound right or do you think I have a bigger problem?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was driving my car today and noticed a burning smell coming from the front, when I took a look it smell like it was coming from the brakes, I took the caliper off which was hard to get off, I then noticed a couple crinks in the brake hose, and rubber around the pistons were burned, I'm thinking it wasn't letting the brakes release causing it to drag, does that sound right or do you think I have a bigger problem?
im tryin to think how could the brake hoses be compromised like that? Your diagnosis sounds pretty accurate though. I would think you would feel an issue when applyin the brakes as well no? Ive been under the impression our lines are pretty durable. I would think. Wish i had answers for ya. First thing that popped into my head was someone tampering with your ride.

Or if ya bleed the brakes recently, had service done etc than maybe this caused this issue

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm not sure what caused it, yesterday was the first time I noticed it so I'm gonna change it all out, I have my first race this weekend and definitely don't want any brake issues.

·
Super Moderator
18,074 Posts
LRS has stainless lines that are ready to go for a pretty good price. If you're going to replace the lines I would not do the rubber stock style ones again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts