Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas why my brakes would build pressure while driving. Not even using brakes and they still hanging real bad. Seems to happen over 25 MPH. Engine cold.

Getting ready to sell or take to Ford garage.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
jdavis96gt,

Sounds like you have a frozen caliber or two. Some of these order Mustangs brakes wear away the caliber piston bore. Once the piston gets cocked enough sideways, it can lock up in the bore of the caliber. It wouldn't surprise me if this is happening to your SN95.

Unfortunately there's no fix for the calibers. They just have to be replaced, since the bore is no longer cylindrical..

Hope this helps!

Shane

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just replaced them last week. Also both hoses, MC,,proportioning valve. If I pop passenger bleeder, it releases both fronts. Also its only the fronts. I've bleed 4 big bottles of brake fluid thru it.
Its got me so frustrated. Then if I have to go to Ford garage, there goes my tuner and exhaust.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

They eventually lock up. But will release themselves after a few hours.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
What about the lines going to the flexible lines? Could something have gotten stuck in it? Maybe try to blow some air through it ?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But its both fronts also. Maybe something clogged in that box. I'm trying to avoid Ford garage and can't really drive to far.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Yea I know running out of ideas other than replacing all the hard lines.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
96 gt and yea

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

After they drag and freeze up they release after 6-8 hours (give or take) by theirselves.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sound like you have a rubber line collapsing, crack the bleeder at each wheel till u fine the one!

Get the brake s to lock again, do it at calipers, even if it is past the rubber lines u can isolate abs module if its a solenoid issue,but sounds like somethin aint lettin fluid return to master

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I crack bleeder on either front wheel, it frees up both front wheels. Yea fluid not returning to MC is what I was thinking. I just wasn't sure about unhooking lines out of ABS box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts