Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 94-95 GT's is there more braking force in the front or rear? I'm thinking front or maybe even 50/50 but I may be wrong...

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
On 94-95 GT's is there more braking force in the front or rear? I'm thinking front or maybe even 50/50 but I may be wrong...
The bias is always towards the front brakes, otherwise the back brakes could lock and cause an uncontrollable skid.
The exact bias depends on the brakes used, weight of the car, etc., etc.. The proportions are different for disk and drum brakes, which is why when converting an older Mustang to rear disk brakes you need to change the master cylinder and proportioning valve.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trojan Horse said:
The bias is always towards the front brakes, otherwise the back brakes could lock and cause an uncontrollable skid.
The exact bias depends on the brakes used, weight of the car, etc., etc.. The proportions are different for disk and drum brakes, which is why when converting an older Mustang to rear disk brakes you need to change the master cylinder and proportioning valve.
Ok cool. Reason I'm asking is...to save some money I was thinking of keeping the rear rotors stock and going slotted up front with hawk pads all the way around

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
You're Welcome & Good Luck with your project. :good:

That should not have any effect on the proportioning. :good:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
slotted/drilled wont really do anything for stopping with OEM style pads, but they will look different. If they are not coated they will rust like crazy FYI (you can paint them with high temp engine paint (every inch of them if you wish) after you remove any oil from them from the factory.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SpectorV said:
slotted/drilled wont really do anything for stopping with OEM style pads, but they will look different. If they are not coated they will rust like crazy FYI (you can paint them with high temp engine paint (every inch of them if you wish) after you remove any oil from them from the factory.
Hawk makes slotted and UV coated replacement rotors for 190 a pair so I was going to turn the rears and put these on the front. I was also going to run Hawk pads (street/track pads) on all four corners.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dreamstang said:
Yeah the benifits of a drilled/slotted rotor are just cooling. They are great for auto x where a lot of hard breaking is going on.
That's what I bought the car for

1 - 8 of 8 Posts