Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front right brake seems to be sticking and making a squeaking noise when im not pressing the brakes i already regreased the slides idk what else to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they look fine the car has 17k miles and ive had it since 10k miles and its just my front right,like its to the point sometimes when i stop i dont even roll with the clutch in and it should

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Its an 2004

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
check your rubber hose...if it feels spongy or limp most likely it's colapsed

·
Registered
540 Posts
A new caliper at rock auto .com runs from 37 to 45 bucks
A new brake hose is from 5 to 15 bucks.
If replacing the hose I suggest replace both fronts since they have same wear on them. Got to bleed lines anyway. The caliper guide pins need grease when changing pads. Sometime they can rust and get sticky causing caliper to stick.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
if you have to replace any brake line consider just buying a SS set...best thing i've done for my braking besides good pads

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If replacing the hose I suggest replace both fronts since they have same wear on them. Got to bleed lines anyway. The caliper guide pins need grease when changing pads. Sometime they can rust and get sticky causing caliper to stick.
+111 I had the same issue and replaced the calipers, rotors, pads and all an no squeak. I got everything from rock auto

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Caliper guide pins? Are those the ones on the black bracket around the caliper? Their sealed?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And im guessing its the caliper the hoses look fine just 8 years of sitting in a garage till i bought it probably wasnt good for the pucks haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts