Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just recently when I start hitting my brakes my steering wheel started shaking left and right about an inch or so in each direction. Dad said my brakes are probably warped. What else could it be and how much to fix. Thanks

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
What? A grand! That's nuts. A full set of nice new rotors and pads would be about 300$ install 200 tops. Or do it in your garage. It's pretty easy. If you had to rebuild the caliper I would understand the extra cost, but normally all that's needed is rotors and pads.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What? A grand! That's nuts. A full set of nice new rotors and pads would be about 300$ install 200 tops. Or do it in your garage. It's pretty easy. If you had to rebuild the caliper I would understand the extra cost, but normally all that's needed is rotors and pads.
How hard is it to install.? Is there a write up or video?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
So just recently when I start hitting my brakes my steering wheel started shaking left and right about an inch or so in each direction. Dad said my brakes are probably warped. What else could it be and how much to fix. Thanks
It's your brake pads and maybe rotors. But usually when you brake and it moves side to side it's your pads because they're running low. So just replace them and get new rotors. I got my brake pads for $25 for the front at autozone with lifetime warranty. And brake rotors as well put then on myself very easy job.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
V6in said:
How hard is it to install.? Is there a write up or video?
It's very easy in my opinion. But I'm not bad with a wrench. Tires off. Caliper pin out, caliper mounting bracket off. Compress piston. Change pads, swap rotors. Put caliper mounting bracket back on. Install caliper done. Takes me 15 mins a wheel with my air tools. About 45 without.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
It's very easy in my opinion. But I'm not bad with a wrench. Tires off. Caliper pin out, caliper mounting bracket off. Compress piston. Change pads, swap rotors. Put caliper mounting bracket back on. Install caliper done. Takes me 15 mins a wheel with my air tools. About 45 without.
I've never removed my caliper brackets when changing..

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Remember op that you can buy rebuilt calipers for cheap at any autoparts store with good warranties so if it does come down to more then rotors and pads there's that option..just remember no matter what you do bleed your brakes..i even do this for just a pad swap.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Youtube has them...or google it and im sure youll find one. I did a write up on here for brake line install but never did a pad one. However i will say its pretty straight forward just make sure you buy a brake tool for the rear...you can c-clamp the front

1 - 20 of 23 Posts