Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whatsup guys! This site is so badass cause its all about the v6's! Im so pissed at all of the poeple that see my car and are like ehw its a v6. So i need to know what are some really easy mods that I can do fairly cheap to make my 0-60 go down. Right now its at 11, And i have an auto with headers. I just dropped a newer 3.8 in because i blew a wristpin on my other engine. It pisses me off cause my car cant really Burn out. And i loike to get it so its pretty fast. Boost my acel, And be able to burn out like a mother fucker!

-Thanks eNvy

·
Registered
941 Posts
well, a shift kit should be your first priority.

what year engine do you have, a 99+? what year is the car?

headers don't really help until you're making at least 275-300rwhp, but since you have them and dual exhaust, you're set. an underdrive pulley (ASP) for your crank and a cold air kit (MAC, DEMOLET) are popular first mods.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I'd say start with a CAI (cheaper/easier)...and for the acceleration, and burnouts, get T-lok and 4.10 gears. If you want to step it up from there you could get a shift kit and a stall converter(don't forget a trans cooler).
And welcome :wave:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hey v6PowerStang...it says 95 in the thread title, just letting you know lol.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
BlueDonkey said:
but it's not the original engine, he wants to know what year the engine is
Ah yes, I forgot it said that. My stupid

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
True that one too. That's what I was meaning....yeh...that's right

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
All of you need to go to the corner for time out !!!!

whether a 95 or 99+ we all need help getting the power we are all searching for
I have a 98 and will wax any stock 99+ and mine is not running 100% yet

back to the question asked about more power. This is my short list of things to do to get more power!!
Gears and Tlok
Underdrive pulley
shift kit
Ford chip flip chip for nitrous
Nitrous kit either Nitrous Works or NX wet systems

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kk So where can i buy some of these parts and how much am i expecting to pay? I really want the gears. I guess i want the most power for my money 2! so link me or somethin oh my engine is another 95. Also if i do but anything can u guys hook me up wqith some install info. If its 2 much for me ill have it professionally done. Later

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Do not try to install gears and a Tlok by yourself unless you are a experienced mechanic. I have been a auto and aircraft mechanic for 18 years of my 43 years and I go to a shop because of the PITA having to do everything on my back.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
alright, being that I've got a 95 as well... ill fill you in on what ive done.

First "performance" mod ever that i did was remove my air silencer. This doesnt really do much, but when i did it i was a n00b so obviously it gave me like "10 hp" lol. After that, I got myself some GT takoff dual exhaust. Good mod, gave me a lil extra HP, and sounded a helluvalot better. Exhaust also makes your car loook sexier. After that, I installed the underdrive pulley. I really felt this mod once i hit my powerband. Seemed like it made my car rev quite a bit faster and gave somewhere between 5-7HP. Next I bought my Cold Air Induction. This thing rocked, probably one of my favorite mods because it complimented with my exhaust so well. I loved it, gave my car better pick up and looks nice under the hood. After that I went with gears. I decided to go with 4.10s in my automatic and threw in the traction lok along with it. WHAT A FREAKIN AMAZING MOD. Accelleration is outstanding, burnouts are sweet... and i just love the way it woke my car up. After that mod, i got myself a fordchip. This firmed up my shifts a lot, and removed my governor (youll need that done if you get gears). Now, im waiting for my nitrous kit to come in the mail :)

If you have any questions beyond that... lemme know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how much would it cost to get some gears and an install for them. Ill put a cold air intake on by myself. And what is an undrive pulley and is easy to install and how much does one cost?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wish I could do underdrive, but my alt is strained as it is.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
eNvy said:
how much would it cost to get some gears and an install for them. Ill put a cold air intake on by myself. And what is an undrive pulley and is easy to install and how much does one cost?
it cost me 400 for the installation on gears and tlok. The gear cost 70, and the tlok cost 120. so a grand total of a bit over 600 :| its pricey but worth it. CAI is really easy to do. An underdrive pulley replaces your crank pulley with a smaller one. The point of it is to give less power to things such as your air conditioner and alternator therefore freeing up crank power which adds about 5-8HP. Its pretty easy to install, the hardest part is loosening the bolts on the stock crank pulley. underdrive pulleys for our cars are around 80 bucks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts