Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my GT today after placing the order in August! I asked the salesman what the break-in time is and he said there is none. I didn't see anything in the owners manual either, but I just wanted to triple check before I start having fun. Break-in periods are torture!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Finally got my GT today after placing the order in August! I asked the salesman what the break-in time is and he said there is none. I didn't see anything in the owners manual either, but I just wanted to triple check before I start having fun. Break-in periods are torture!
I was told the same thing. I drove her hard right from the start. Been almost 2 years and she drives like a charm.

·
Registered
716 Posts
51000 miles of smokin tires, pretty much burned out off the showroom floor. Daily driver. you're welcome.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Aint the GT bench broken before the engine is installed?, plus i heard there one every so often that is also track for a lap or two

·
Registered
13 Posts
"Finally got my GT today after placing the order in August!"

Did the dealership tell you why it took 16 weeks instead of the standard 6 to 8? Which packages did you order on it and did those slow it down?

·
Registered
366 Posts

Pictures!! !!Photos!! !!Photos!! Pictures!! Let us see her! No Fair Keeping Her All To Yourself, You must share! Okay! So perhaps l went a little overboard! I'd really love to see her!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Break in? What is this break in you speak of?

My wife and I introduced ourselves to the car by romping on it on the test drive. After we got done giggling like 5-year olds who just set off some explosives, we started working on parperwork. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon giving friends & family joyrides. Yeah, it's broken in. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
There nothing wrong with smoking tires off the lot. I played it safe and went a 1000 miles to break it in just to be safe. You should do this just so everything works correctly. If you start to run it hard off the lot it will smell like burnt oil or something. So i would just be careful if i were you.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I only took it easy while the factory oil was in it. Up to a 1000 miles. No full throttle and never revved it past 6k. That's just me. Now it's a different story.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pictures!! !!Photos!! !!Photos!! Pictures!! Let us see her! No Fair Keeping Her All To Yourself, You must share! Okay! So perhaps l went a little overboard! I'd really love to see her!
Good to hear that I don't have to wait. The first snowfall of the year is expected this weekend.

I didn't get a straight answer for how long it took. It doesn't have the Brembo package or Recaros. It must have been the racing stripe! LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The manual states not to drive at a constant speed for extended periods for the first 1000 miles and not to go WOT for the first 500 miles IIRC.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Good to hear that I don't have to wait. The first snowfall of the year is expected this weekend.

I didn't get a straight answer for how long it took. It doesn't have the Brembo package or Recaros. It must have been the racing stripe! LOL
Great looking GT, congratulations!

As for break-in, I would put at least 500 miles on the engine/drivetrain, just to be on the safe side. Since it's a new car, you should hit 500 miles in no time! IMO, it can only help, so what not!?

Shane

·
Registered
112 Posts
Be sure to check your oil until your rings seat. No kidding. Mine used 4 quarts in 2000 miles. After that, no problem.
I kept a check on mine , I change at 5000 miles and my oil was still clean and I pretty much was missing very little if any at all, and I have her all she had for those 5000 mi

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Be sure to check your oil until your rings seat. No kidding. Mine used 4 quarts in 2000 miles. After that, no problem.
The rings were seated before you bought the car, trust me.;)

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Grabber Blue5.0 said:
The rings were seated before you bought the car, trust me.;)
? I build Harley motors and there is always a break in period for rings. Usually less than 100mi, but still a break in.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts