Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 days ago my 98 mustang turned off right after I got off of the freeway. It was working fine every day before that. When I pulled over I turned it back on and it turned on like a champ. But as soon as I put it in drive or reverse it shut right off. I need as many suggestions as I can get. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Israel98 said:
About 3 days ago my 98 mustang turned off right after I got off of the freeway. It was working fine every day before that. When I pulled over I turned it back on and it turned on like a champ. But as soon as I put it in drive or reverse it shut right off. I need as many suggestions as I can get. Thanks.
Is it an automatic?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I had a similar problem. The question is do u blow a fuse. If so u might wanna check the harness by the egr thats where my problem lied.

ForumRunner_20121102_223001.png

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
You also should check your idle air control valve. I had a bronco II that had the same problem. It was the IAC.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is auto. I'll take a look at it today after work i stopped using it because it got worse... I'll let you guys know what I came up with thank you guys for the pics and suggestions. I'll get back to ya ASAP.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Since its an auto it could also be your torque converter clutch not releasing. It would be like driving a stick and not pushing your clutch in when you stop. Do your brake lights operate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SSC182 said:
Since its an auto it could also be your torque converter clutch not releasing. It would be like driving a stick and not pushing your clutch in when you stop. Do your brake lights operate.
Yeah they work fine. I just got the Tranny rebuilt about 4 months ago.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you have any way to look at PIDS I would start there so you can actually look at what the TCC and all the other sensors are doing

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
primer2tone said:
You also should check your idle air control valve. I had a bronco II that had the same problem. It was the IAC.
Well I had time to see what might have been the problem my mustang had a few days back and it turned out to be the idle control valve. I thank you primer2tone and everyone who replied to my problem good work guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts