Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a glasspack put on. The tubing under my car is stock (y-pipe). I started the car and was suprised how quiet it sounded. I drove off and it sounds bad ass at higher rpms. But at an idle, you cant hear sh!t. I turned around and went back to the muffler place. I asked the guy if he gave me a used glass pack, and he saud it was brand new. He said i had to let it warm up for a while.
Ive been driving for the past hour around town, and it still sounds the same (Quiet). From what i read on the boards, glass packs are supposed to be loud, especially at idle. I just want to know if they gave me a used glasspack, or do i have to 'break it in'.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, a month. Are glass packs supposed to be loud at idle, or just at higher rpms? I heard that they're supposed to be loud all the time, kind of like open headers. But what can i say, i've only had them for 9 hours.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
my friend has them on his chevy truck, they are pretty loud all the time...

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
ive never heard of the hose thing either and personally wouldnt try it cuz i would think something would rust? id just let time break it in, its not that big of a deal to risk anything.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awww, im so happy you care Dom. If in time they're broken in and i like the sound, i dont mind spending 20 bucks year to get new Glasspacks. But if they're not the sound im looking for and still too quiet, i'll put my stock muffler on and just have cutt-off put on.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I just thing you can get better mufflers instead of paying to replace them. I mean Flowtech Warlocks have where you can uncap the muffler and run straight cats if you want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I told you the water hose thing was gonna sound strange. But it works. It won't rust anything..your suppose to spray it in and then crack the car up and let it idle for a sec..then press the gas in...it works..me and my dad have done it to every car we've owned.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
roush2 said:
I told you the water hose thing was gonna sound strange. But it works. It won't rust anything..your suppose to spray it in and then crack the car up and let it idle for a sec..then press the gas in...it works..me and my dad have done it to every car we've owned.
hmm interesting, learn something new every day:good: :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks roush, i'll try that 1st thing in the morning. But what exaclty gets loosened up when i spray it with the hose? And if i dont spray it with the hose, are the things that are supposed to be loosened up supposed to "break in"? Meaning, is the exhaust flow supposed to loosen things up naturally?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually yes..it probably will break in. Spraying the water hose in the exhaust is just a quicker way to break it in. And IF they gave you a used glasspack..it should clean it out. But like Brent said..with just one glasspack..it's not gonna be near as loud as the cars that you hear that have 2.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah. I wanted to see how one glasspack sounded on my car. And if i like the sound (Which i do), then i'd get a dual set up with 2 glasspacks. Maybe next paycheck. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts