Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello newbie to the forum my 94 mustang gt cuts out mid range rpm not a real bad one but its no use all power its like it is hold back power..think it mayb firing problem or plugs just brought car with 160k..help plz

·
Banned
422 Posts
First i would do all the basic checks. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel pressure and timing. I had that problem and it turned out to be the distributor cap. If you just bought the car and are unsure how old those parts are i would go ahead and replace them along with the fuel filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok play around with it today and i noticed that its not a 94 engine it is a 97 4.6 has msd plug wire im thinking ign coils or MAF bc the cold air is some home made but will check timing tomorrow.

·
Registered
493 Posts
ok play around with it today and i noticed that its not a 94 engine it is a 97 4.6 has msd plug wire im thinking ign coils or MAF bc the cold air is some home made but will check timing tomorrow.
U sure it's the 4.6? :confused It would take lots of mods to make this happen...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a 96 4.6 I think its the fule filter the car has been sitting for 5months so could be a number of things I doin a basic tune up first bc it cant hurt and if that dont help it then I will go on to the next thing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can fuel filter and plugs today notice the sound is at my dumps like the mufflers are restricting air flow. any advice is this possible?

·
Registered
861 Posts
If its been sitting for a while a mouse might have made a nest in there ?

I had one on my passenger side engine valley... I hate previous owners lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts