Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have anyone put the gt500 brembo brakes on our car i was thinking about getting it idk if its worth it. if i get the 2013 gt500 ones its 6 pistons vs the 4 piston that might be to much braking power.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You need to be sure the wheels will clear. The factory brembo wheels obviously will. Other than that they will bolt right on. That said, The brakes we have stop pretty good due to the lighter weight of the motor. It might be just as good to swap in a set of Power SLot Rotors and EBC pads and get the same results or maybe even better.

Swap out the hoses for steel braided lines too.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
a pad upgrade might even be enough to appease you... unless you are doing it for the show n go factor or because you are doing some sort of road course racing that will require longevity in braking power then I agree with ddtcm.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Or you can get a set of GT brakes and rotors for a much better price than go overkill on the BREMBO's.

I wont lie the Brembos are great and look even better.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i will get 4 piston ones i have RTR wheel they should clear it fine

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Waste of money, like the others said, new rotors if you want some better looks and some good pads. Our brakes aren't bad at all though. I plan on getting some of those black rotors next year just for looks and some pads. Maybe paint the calipers as well.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waste of money, like the others said, new rotors if you want some better looks and some good pads. Our brakes aren't bad at all though. I plan on getting some of those black rotors next year just for looks and some pads. Maybe paint the calipers as well.
Yah you probably right on that one i hate stock rotors ill probably upgrade those and pads and wait for the 2015 Mustang GT

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
26 Posts
a pad upgrade might even be enough to appease you... unless you are doing it for the show n go factor or because you are doing some sort of road course racing that will require longevity in braking power then I agree with ddtcm.
Your right I've heard a lot of great things about just simply upgrading the pads!! (EBC Blue stuff pads)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts