Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by a reputable paint shop today to get a quote on some painting done to my ride. The wheels would be 175/ea for stage 2 acrylic gloss black. 300 for the roof, spoiler, and hood vents. Don't know much about paint cost but wanted to know if this was about the normal. He was only charging me 300 for just the roof, since the paint would already be mixed. More if i came back to get it done later with other parts.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I went by a reputable paint shop today to get a quote on some painting done to my ride. The wheels would be 175/ea for stage 2 acrylic gloss black. 300 for the roof, spoiler, and hood vents. Don't know much about paint cost but wanted to know if this was about the normal. He was only charging me 300 for just the roof, since the paint would already be mixed. More if i came back to get it done later with other parts.
wait wait wait...so your saying 175 for each wheel x4=700, but 300 to do the roof, spoiler and vents together or 300 each so 900?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep 900 total for high quality paint. I told the guy i wanted show quality paint. none of that cheap stuff

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
For 700 i would get the ford racing black brembo wheels and sell your rims for 600.
Or just get better wheels to make your car different.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
yep 900 total for high quality paint. I told the guy i wanted show quality paint. none of that cheap stuff
lol ok, that isn't so bad. I thought you meant 300 for those three and 700 for the rims haha.

I agree with getting new rims part if you are going to pay 700 to have them painted.

·
Registered
720 Posts
For 700 i would get the ford racing black brembo wheels and sell your rims for 600.
Or just get better wheels to make your car different.
+1

No point paying the same to get them painted when you can get them already black and sell your old ones.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
+1 for new wheels. If you're really interested in a show quality ride, you gotta rock something other than stock wheels, IMO!

As for the prices, they do seem very fair. As long as the shop does good work and you've seen their work in person before, I say go for it!

Shane

1 - 7 of 7 Posts