Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure some of y'all have ran up on this but 2 of my bolts broke off back in the timing chain cover. And Im running out of options. I went ahead and put it back on and sealed it up real good. Just hope it don't leak.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
If there is enough bolt sticking out you can weld a nut to the bolt.
The heat from welding will usually help break the bolt loose for easier removal.
Finding WP bolts for the 94-95 is difficult. Search the forums for a thread about WP bolts for the SN95 Mustangs for ideas.
When reinstalling new bolts, be sure to coat the threads with some anti-seize to prevent breakage in the future.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the info guys. It's almost Been 24 hours since I seal it up so I'm getting ready to start it. But happy thanksgiving to all

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the water pump Is holding pressure so. I'm glad for thst. But I put a new afpr on it today cuz my pressure was lower than specs. But it's shooting gas out of the vacuum port. So I guessing I bought a bad one. But if my fuel preuusure is about 8 psi below spec do y'all think it would not have all the power that it should have ?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Well the water pump Is holding pressure so. I'm glad for thst. But I put a new afpr on it today cuz my pressure was lower than specs. But it's shooting gas out of the vacuum port. So I guessing I bought a bad one. But if my fuel preuusure is about 8 psi below spec do y'all think it would not have all the power that it should have ?
Gas out of the vacuum port means the diaphragm has a hole in it.
Low fuel pressure has a direct effect on how much fuel gets squirted into the engine, so yes, it will also effect how much power the engine is making. Less fuel, less power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts