Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i tried to do that seat belt modification and use that guide on moddedmustangs.com where you tighten the spring and the seatbelt and system are broken now. i heard the clip open and went well s**t. then i somehow broke the locking mechanism so the belt itself wont come back out anymore and i dont really feel like giving ford $200 for a seat belt. anyone got anywhere else to buy one of these?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good luck on a 200 dollar seat belt. I was quoted over 700 for a rear one I need...
holy ****! thats insane?!?! is it made of gold?

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

is there a difference between the seat belts on 99-00 and 01-04? if found this website that sells seatbelts for cheap but there is over a $50 difference between 99-00 and 01-04 seatbelts. are they different in any way?
http://www.teamfordparts.com

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Ain't it awful how they can charge so much for something the law makes us use! You should be able to go to a dealer and have it repaired for free. That should be the cost for making people wear them.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Azure said:
Ain't it awful how they can charge so much for something the law makes us use! You should be able to go to a dealer and have it repaired for free. That should be the cost for making people wear them.
I completely agree.

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

Is there any difference between the 99-00 and 0104 seatbelts?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
As I understand there are differences between how the mechanism works. If u can interchange them I don't know.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DaBluedude said:
As I understand there are differences between how the mechanism works. If u can interchange them I don't know.
From what it looks like the bolts look to line up the same ways. I just hope someone who has changed their seat belts can help me out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts